Talk

Advanced search

Double duvet and washing machine (not for emetophobes)

(13 Posts)

I know it's been done before and I did have a quick look in the archives but mainly found threads about single or down duvets.

DS has just projectile vomited all over the duvet I put down on our wooden floors to protect his little 6mo head from impact injuries grin.

Can I put it in the machine? I think it's a 6kg load max and the duvet loks very big. I really really don't want to go to the laundrette on the no25 bus with a pushchair and a duvet.

TIA

Cies Wed 10-Sep-08 12:24:35

I also have a 6 kg max load machine. I recently took mine to the cleaners cos I didn´t think it´d fit at home.

But, your situation is different grin. Why don´t you give it a go in your machine, and if it doesn´t fit or comes out not smelling very nice, you can dry it off and take it to the professionals later. I´m sure you won´t do any damage to the machine, it just won´t clean as well as it could.

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 12:25:47

Yes

feed it in with the messiest bits next to the drum.

Ok, but if my new machine subsequently breaks I'm going to hunt you both down. grin.

Cheers.

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 12:29:53

don't do it

I recently washed a double quilted bed cover (bigger than a double duvet) which was fine but if it is hard to get in then stop

Well, I managed to get it in but don't think I'll be able to get it out. It is a very tight squeeze. Perhaps I'll wait till DP comes home and if he says it's ok, then the blame can fall squarely on his shoulders. And I will adhere to the first rule of mumsnet. You DO NOT talk abot mumsnet. Nobody need ever know.

Sheesh, I'm so bored today I'm starting to lose the plot grin

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 12:43:20

Will await an evening update then

How is the PV champion?

He's fine now, thank you. He was a little frightened afterwards but soon perked up and is getting into mischief again. It's nap time now so I'm also going to have a little lie down before the school run. I'll update later on the next chapter in this scintillating saga. grin

iwantasecondone Wed 10-Sep-08 13:08:36

Hiya Glam...don't do it. Won't get very clean. How bout just sponging it and turning it over til later? [i'm a slovenly mummy icon]

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 13:15:47

Have a nice smooze, am guessing all surface goop is off IWA2ndO

Hello ,iwanta2ndone. It's the launderette for me. grin

MatNanPlus Thu 11-Sep-08 20:07:27

SameDayDuvet Fri 19-Sep-08 14:43:37

Hi there - where do you live? I run a duvet washing service in Surrey and offer free collection and delivery and a same day turnaround. If you're in Surrey I may be able to help if you haven't sorted it already! Email me at: nicola@samedayduvet.co.uk

Thanks, Nicola

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now