Talk

Advanced search

So if you had a cleaner once a week what would you want them to do?

(10 Posts)
Imnotok Tue 09-Sep-08 18:11:37

My Mum has asked me to do her house once a week because she can't keep on top of it because of work and a lazy teenage son hmm.
So what do you like your cleaners to do?
TIA

fishnet Tue 09-Sep-08 18:14:23

kitchen and bathrooms are the priority because they can get so mucky so quickly. Also hoovering and hard floors.

How long are you going to do it for (ie how many hours) and how big is her house?

I have a cleaner for two hours twice a week. She pretty much does everything (in the two sessions). In fact I came back today and she'd cleaned out the fridge and chucked away all of my out of date food blush

Imnotok Tue 09-Sep-08 18:17:43

I was thinking the morning ,her house is 3 bedrooms but not too big.

squeaver Tue 09-Sep-08 18:18:29

My cleaner does 5 hours. She does:

2 hours ironing
cleans bathrooms
dusts and hoovers bedrooms
duts and hoovers everywhere else
cleans kitchen
sweeps and mops downstairs wooden floors.

Every couple of weeks she cleans the oven.

Every so often she cleans the fridge.

Imnotok Tue 09-Sep-08 18:21:35

shock I am not doing ironing .she likes to iron pants grin.

fishnet Tue 09-Sep-08 18:26:35

In 4 hours ours does kitchen including floors, hob, stainless steel stuff like kettle, scales, toaster. Washes up if I've been a slob and not bothered to do it. Throughly cleans high chair and other baby stuff. Hoovers throughout, tidies playroom, dusts throughout, cleans bath, mops bathroom floor, cleans two showers, three sinks and three toilets. Puts on a load of washing and puts wet stuff into dryer, generally tidies as she goes.

I love her.

combustiblemelon Tue 09-Sep-08 19:07:32

What everyone else says + in your mother's case chasing your brother around with a broom until he does some bloody cleaning.

cafebistro Wed 10-Sep-08 06:52:17

I dont have a cleaner. I have to do it myself sad. But if I did have one I would want them to do all the jobs I hate.

Clean bathrooms from top to bottom
Clean kitchen including floor
Clean oven
Clean inside windows

tigger32 Wed 10-Sep-08 08:18:22

I agree, If I had a cleaner I'd want my bathrooms and kitchen done from top to bottom, and everywhere else dusted and hoovered! hmm everything really then!!

FrockHorror Wed 10-Sep-08 08:18:44

I would like one that did all of the above, plus all the little jobs that I am terrible at remembering, such as wiping doors, skirting, cleaning lampshades, that kind of thing.

I can make my house look lovely, as long as people don't look at doors, skirting or lampshades. When they do, it is usually then that I remember they really need doing blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now