Talk

Advanced search

Ok Ladies my new 3 piece suite was delivered today and my one year old has already drooled on it leaving strange salt like stains, how do I get it out?

(13 Posts)
MillyMoop Mon 08-Sep-08 11:07:23

The material is like a cotton drill type material?

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 12:30:27

i would def take the baby back - its obv faulty if its leaking over your new sofa - very inconsiderate!

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 12:32:15

wink

i would just use a bit of clean water, nothing else on a clean cloth and try to buff it off - alternatively, ring the store and ask advice, then if it goes horribly wrong you can blame their advice!

MillyMoop Mon 08-Sep-08 12:42:45

RedHead81 I tried that and the baby store are having none of it, as he's just over 1 year old my waranty has run out!

cheesesarnie Mon 08-Sep-08 12:43:54

but baby in garden

cheesesarnie Mon 08-Sep-08 12:44:11

i ment put not but

MillyMoop Mon 08-Sep-08 12:48:06

Alas have just read the fine print and it is professional cleaning only!!!!

It's the last time I let my other half choose a sofa!

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 12:56:25

lol about baby warranty!
ebay then!?
actually dont ebay... someone did this for a joke and i think SS got involved

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 12:58:17

ah yes, i thought so here it is

ColumboWearsControlPants Mon 08-Sep-08 13:51:56

MM we've just had the exact same problem - nice new sofa and all the seat and back cushions covered in baby drool.

Could you put a throw over to protect it, until like me you gradually become resigned to the fact that you can't have nice new things?

Shoshe Mon 08-Sep-08 14:09:09

Thats why you buy leather, wipes off with a wet wipe grin

MillyMoop Mon 08-Sep-08 16:00:07

I have just used the shower to rinse the cushion cover off (I know professional cleaning only but I thought what the hell) and it's come up beautifully.

Glad I didn't try the washing machine as even with a quick rinse there was some colour in the water!!

It is nearly dry now and looks fine, how I will tackle the arms of the sofa though I don't know. I was thinking of trying spraying it with water using one of those misting spray things or maybe using a tea towel and my steam iron.

I will let you ladies know how I get on and if I still have a sofa after all my experiments!!!!!

Wish me luck!......

MissKubelik Mon 08-Sep-08 16:22:21

try rubbing with a damp microfibre cloth or e-cloth - I find this works well on my cotton sofa covers. good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now