Talk

Advanced search

not sure where to put this one, so it's in here for now

(11 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 07-Sep-08 18:50:39

I'm looking after a friend's little BOY!!!! tomorrow for the first time since he was little as she's now back at work.

Thing is, and this is going to sounds stupid, I don't know what to do with a boy. I've never had him long enough for a nappy change, or fed him or had loads of toys out. What can I expect??

Oh and, I have a downstairs bathroom, so leave the door open when I go so I can see my lo in the living room. Do I now have to close the door & keep my fingers crossed that they don't kill each other in the mean-time?

HELP HELP HELP

lucysmam Sun 07-Sep-08 18:50:58

oh, I should mention, he's nearly 3 now!

lucysmam Sun 07-Sep-08 19:02:49

anyone? please help me!

lucysmam Sun 07-Sep-08 20:45:50

please?

maidamess Sun 07-Sep-08 20:46:44

How old is he?

Ready4anotherCoffee Sun 07-Sep-08 20:48:57

nah, at 3 you can still leave the door open if you wanted.

boys are not really that different to girls, except for the standing up weeshmm

cars are always a big hit with my son, and lorries and trains. watch your hoover in case he decides to pull it to bits discover how it works

you will be finesmile

maidamess Sun 07-Sep-08 20:50:39

Yes, good advice. Put all fiddly breakables up high (I would do thid with any 3 year old in the house, regardless of gender!) Bricks, cars trains, and if its nice outside in the garden.

lucysmam Sun 07-Sep-08 20:51:46

oh, well I'm sorted in that case. My 19mo girl is fascinated with cars, trains, fire engines, anything not girly really so am sorted.

maidamess, nearly 3.

It's just the loo thing that's bothering me really, I never shut the door unless someone else is watching my lo but wasn't sure since he isn't mine iyswim

feel better now, honest! hmm

Ready4anotherCoffee Sun 07-Sep-08 20:56:40

nah, I always leave the door open when babysitting my friends 3yo, 2yo and 1yo [different friends]. my dd1 is a bit of a thug on her home turf.

fairy dresses are also a big hit with my ds...hmm

lucysmam Sun 07-Sep-08 21:08:08

lmao Ready4another, fairy dresses eh. My mates little un has a dolly he takes everywhere. It's quite sweet really. Except the fact I'm dropping him off at nursery and don't fancy wrestling it from him . . .

I'll stick to leaving the door open I think, make sure I can see what they're up to

Ready4anotherCoffee Sun 07-Sep-08 21:25:55

love him. is it named? If it is a comforter they are probably used to it. or suggest he pops it in his bag for a sleep.

dd1's pre school has a box they are encouraged to put home stuff in, to keep it safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now