Talk

Advanced search

Do Lakeland's Dolly Washer Balls work, or ar they are a gimmick?

(7 Posts)
binkythebullet Sat 06-Sep-08 20:04:21

Help - I'm anout to place an order, however I don't want to spend £13 on something that makes no difference at all to the amount of detergent I use.

Anyone tried these?

girlandboy Sat 06-Sep-08 20:56:44

I have tried lots of things from Lakeland but not these I'm afraid. A work colleague has and said that they work, but then they also said that putting 3 brand new white tennis balls in the machine had the same effect. hmm I know which would be cheaper! grin

SpinningCat Sat 06-Sep-08 20:58:05

I didn't notice anything amazing about them, but did notice the noise...

binkythebullet Sat 06-Sep-08 21:38:40

thanks - I'm guessing that'll be a no

Any recommendations G&B for other lakeland products?

twoluvlykids Sat 06-Sep-08 21:41:00

I did try them,years ago, they didn't work for me & my washing

girlandboy Sat 06-Sep-08 23:01:15

Sorry for delay. Blimey, don't get me started, I've got a whole cupboard full of stuff.

Sticky stuff remover (brill)
E-cloth kitchen pack
Ovenmate
Leather cleaning kit
Silicone pastry brushes
Easiyo yogurt maker
Miracle cloth
Anti-bac dishcloths
Wash-it laundry ball
Soapnuts
White Wizard
Grandma's secret spot remover (good, but bloody hard to get out of the bottle)

I've also bought jam making stuff which is all in use at the moment.

I think I've got a serious weakness regarding Lakeland products. I didn't realise until I started compiling this list. The Christmas catalogue just came - somebody had better stop me now.grin

Apollinare Sun 07-Sep-08 07:54:06

I have got a non stick frying pan which was quite expensive compared to others but is worth every penny. Will def get more pans from there in the future.

I love walking around Lakeland or hiding in the loo reading the catalogue, knowing that if I buy lots of these Storage/ cooking / baking / jam making things I will instantly become a wonderful and organised housekeeper, fun loving and sweet tempered mummy and that I will be enabled to loose 2 stone without even noticing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now