Talk

Advanced search

am i the only one... any tips?

(5 Posts)
Katiekins83 Fri 05-Sep-08 12:39:52

who goes to ikea for 1 item and comes back with tonnes of stuff after spending a fortune. i made a list, but then thought since i was there.
really need budgeting tips!!!
can anyone help?

RuthChan Fri 05-Sep-08 13:33:24

That's the entire idea of Ikea.
That's how the shop makes its fortune.
Why else would they design the layout so that you HAVE to walk through the entire shop rather than being able to go directly to the section you want.

The only tip here, if making a list doesn't work, is to buy what you want from a different shop when at all possible or ask someone else to go on your behalf!!! grin

Katiekins83 Fri 05-Sep-08 13:41:16

thanx...think i may even try internet shopping in future!

Poppycake Fri 05-Sep-08 13:41:39

I find it wears off - we were always there when we moved to our new house and I kepy buying (very weird) stuff, but after a while I would look at stuff and think, no, I don't really want that in my house. It's a bit like Facebook - totally addictive for a while and then you think, ah well, it's a bit sh*t really, innit?

laurasmiles Fri 05-Sep-08 14:23:26

I once went round with my dp and as we were approaching the checkout with our TWO trolleys piled high, having spent the best part of two hours there, we suddently had a tot up of what it was likely to cost and then with the thought of the queues ahead just said, 'shall we do a runner?'.

We left the shopping trolleys there and then and get the hell out. very inconsiderate in a way but we realised how easily we had been duped into filling up with all sorts of plastic milarkey, wild patterned textiles and various object d'art (if you could seriously call them that!). We lvied to fight another day.

I wish I could say that was the last time I went there, but now I am a lot more discriminate about twhat I pick up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now