Talk

Advanced search

How/can I get engine oil out of white cotton?

(10 Posts)
ThisTooWillPass Thu 04-Sep-08 10:18:38

Message withdrawn

psychomum5 Thu 04-Sep-08 10:25:26

my uncle used to use swarfeega (I know this is the wrong spelling, but it sounds like that IYGWIM) on his hands and it worked well.....maybe it would work on fabric???

Washersaurus Thu 04-Sep-08 10:27:14

Have you tried sticky stuff remover? We have successfully used it on small patches of oil and grease on clothes.

pamplemousse Thu 04-Sep-08 10:36:26

Stain Slayer by Dr Beckmans
It is amazing I haven't found a stain it doesn't get rid of, I get mine in Sainsburys.
Good Luck

ThisTooWillPass Thu 04-Sep-08 12:00:34

Message withdrawn

Washersaurus Thu 04-Sep-08 12:08:12

Sticky stuff remover is made from petroleum distillates with an overpowering citrus fragrance. I think in the US they have a similar product called Goo Gone if that helps?

ThisTooWillPass Thu 04-Sep-08 13:05:30

Message withdrawn

WendyWeber Thu 04-Sep-08 13:08:39

Ordinary washing up liquid used neat should do it - pour it on, rub it in (both sides of fabric) & then machine wash. You might need to repeat at least once but it's designed to cut through grease after all grin

pamplemousse Thu 04-Sep-08 20:14:22

If it wasn't an aerosol I'd send you one I love it! Hope you sort it

FuriousGeorge Thu 04-Sep-08 21:36:07

Eucalyptus oil works,even olbas oil does the trick too.The dd's climbed all over my dads tractor & got oil on their clothes.Olbas oil got it out.But put an old towel or something underneath when you blot it,or you will just transfer the oil onto whatever is underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now