Wednesday FLY....... Back to normality!

(86 Posts)
ludaloo Wed 03-Sep-08 07:32:35

Morning smile

Todays Mission

Babysteps

ludaloo Wed 03-Sep-08 07:35:21

Well here we go.... back to school! smile

All is suprisingly calm and collected this morning. Kids all up and fed and watered. Just off to wash, do teeth and get dressed.

We might even be early for school!

Hope everyone is ok this morning, and LO's all ready to go back smile

EustaciaVye Wed 03-Sep-08 07:40:07

Morning Luda

Feeling a bit weary of the holidays here. Will be glad to get some routine back into my own life, never mind the kids.

Halfway through morning routine.

lucysmam Wed 03-Sep-08 07:49:45

Morning ALL smile

luda sounds very organised! Not sure I'll manage that when it's my turn! Hope it goes well

EV have your kids not gone back to school yet?

School hols seem to go on forever sometimes, never did when we were kids though hmm

Not happy this morning, oh still in bed AGAIN so I'm down here with lo happily playing away. Wouldn't be so bad but while there's 2 of us, a bit of help might be nice instead of whingeing the house is a mess when there's toys everywhere angry

Off for a calm me down stomp round the back yard taking the bin out. Then I'll decide on a mission for today & my list of to do's

bbl

Jas Wed 03-Sep-08 07:54:18

Just signing in....back at lunch time with a huge list, and no time to do it all!

scattyspice Wed 03-Sep-08 08:09:46

Morning smile

luda good luck with school.
lucy angry at your oh
*EV and Jas* hope tis sunny where you are!

Done:
Morning routine (nearly)

To DO:
Laundry
Shops
Book car into garage (not well sad)
practise reading with ds.

BBL

lucysmam Wed 03-Sep-08 08:39:30

Have been for my stomp around the yard, taken bin out and had another cuppa so all calmed down and chilled now. Kinda! Lo's driving me potty after noisy toys at this hour of the morning!

morning scatty I read your post as *practise backing car into garage* rather than book it into garage & practise reading with your ds blush think I need my eyes testing again!

I'm struggling this morning. Partly because my right knee is killing me, its a bit swollen n bruised but I don't know why. & partly because my oh is taking the p!$$ staying in bed for a lie in near enough every day lately. Don't know what to do with myself so am just going to potter aimlessly for a bit and see what I get done. Will bbl, hopefully a bit more motivated and less sorry for myself!

EustaciaVye Wed 03-Sep-08 08:42:44

lucysmam - DD1 starts reception on Monday.

I have run out of batteries today. DD1 is tired and happy to draw and watch tv. DD2 however is in a high maintenance mood.

tigger32 Wed 03-Sep-08 08:48:15

Morning everyone,
I think our lo's have been secrectly talking on mn as both my boys had me up at various times last night sad and they never normally do this.

lucy hope your oh gets up and helps soon!

I have done
morning routine
finally labelled school blazer (we sart this pm)
Replied to all good luck text on ds behalf wink

Still to do
mission for today
babystep for today
ironing (lots of)

cafebistro Wed 03-Sep-08 08:52:19

Morning everyone smile
Today is the day I start my babysteps again!!
Wish me luck!!

Done:
D/w on
W/m on
Me,DS and DD fed,watered and dressed

To Do:
EVERYTHING, my house is a pigsty!
But will have to settle for...
Tidy kitchen
Unpack DD clothes ( they're still in suitcase from trip blush )
Feed chickens
Pull up onions
Pull some beetroot to cook and pickle
Laundry

Lucysmam.....if your other half isnt up by 9am send in the little one to jump on the bed...thats what I do it works everytime!
Also lucymams remember reading that you're selling DD clothes on ebay..how are you getting on? Is it worth doing?
I have a pile of hardly worn clothes washed and ironed that I could do with selling but havent done it before. Advice please!

Everyone have a lovely day smile

EustaciaVye Wed 03-Sep-08 09:01:08

cafebistro - what age are the DD clothes?

cafebistro Wed 03-Sep-08 09:05:15

EustaciaVye- they're mostly 0-3 months...she still in some of her 3-6 but will be out of those soon too. I also have some newborn stuff I think.

EustaciaVye Wed 03-Sep-08 09:09:01

Thanks cafebistro. My Dds are too big for that at 21 months and 4.5!!! I didnt realise your LO was so little.

RubyRioja Wed 03-Sep-08 09:10:26

Hi all
last day of freedom here. Have an extra one which means mine play beautifully. Wonder why?

Ticking off items on my list with a few essentials to do. I plan to send them back in summer uniform to give me more time to label everything blush. Let's hope for decent weather!

BiancaCastafiore Wed 03-Sep-08 09:10:36

Morning

Luda hope the rest if the school run went OK. We were up and ready in good time too despite my new rule regarding breakfast (dd is a terrible eater in the morning so I have a new reward system in place if she manages to eat enough) Both dd and ds were happy to go back to school so everything has gone pretty well. I'm a bit that the summer is over though.

EV good luck for the day. Days when you're tired and yet a child needs attention are hard work x

cafe good luck with the baby steps.

Tigger, scatty and Jas hello

I don't really need to do todays mission but I have decided to work my way through all the cupboards and drawers in the house over the next few weeks and have a decent clear-out....how long do you think I'll stay motivated?grin

I am also determined to get back on track regarding my routines as when I make an effort to keep up everything really is much easier.

BiancaCastafiore Wed 03-Sep-08 09:11:10

x posts, hi Ruby

EustaciaVye Wed 03-Sep-08 09:11:44

Bianca - I plan a good clear out too when DD1 is at school. Quite looking forward to it.

BiancaCastafiore Wed 03-Sep-08 09:13:42

Me too EV, at the moment at least...I'm never very good at it though as I get far too sentimental about stuff. I hope to be ruthless this time though as the hidden clutter has been really getting me down

lucysmam Wed 03-Sep-08 09:14:03

cafe I'm only doing it for a bit of extra cash really, we haven't paid for anything other than odd bits yet for our lo so thought I'd try and make us a bit to get her some bigger stuff. Although I have quite a bit up to 3yo so she doesn't need much other than a winter coat and some vests this year! It all depends really, if you don't mind not getting a huge amount for them then yeah it's worth it, but if you think you might use them again then keep them if you have space!!!

I'm quite gutted really that we're selling them but realistically we can't afford another lo for a year or 2 and don't have the space here to keep them or I wouldn't be selling.

lol@sending lo in to get oh up, I would but he sleeps through her waking up n screaming in the night when she wakes so don't think it'd do much.

I'm getting on anyways, we've been doing jigsaws, sort of! & pots are all washed and away from brekky. Both of us are dressed and washed and I'm debating taking her for a walk to charity shop in a bit with loads of asda bags they wanted.

lucysmam Wed 03-Sep-08 09:16:07

cafe, I've just had a thought, rather than ebay I'm selling bags of clothes in local tesco for £40 a pop. Had loads of bags to get rid of n they're all full to bursting. Maybe advertise them in a local paper or shop window or something n see if anyone's interested. Might get more for them that way. smile

TheMadHouse Wed 03-Sep-08 09:42:42

Morning all

My boys are being high maintenance too this morning and I am not feeling great. We are off swimming in 20 mins.

I am planning of a good old clear out of drawers etc starting next week when DS2 is napping, as DS1 will be at preschool.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 03-Sep-08 10:03:37

morning all

sounds like there have been quite a few difficult nights last night..
Hope today goes well for all those going back to school

have cleaned kitchen
sorted toys back to their starting locations (before they are trashed again today)
made the beds
dishwasher on
washing machine on
ordered stuff for DS2 to go into big boys bed
done some ironing

taken some extra pills because have psych appointment at the hospital tomorrow an can't deal with it. Also the lovely old lady I look after died this morning. sad bit of a SH*ite day tbh

TheMadHouse Wed 03-Sep-08 10:05:40

Oh Power I am so sorry for your loss - it must be hard. I know you did a lot for her.

Dont worry about Phyc - trust me

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 03-Sep-08 10:07:23

thanks TMH..
It is going to happen whether I can cope with it or not.. I just want to get it over with.. iykwim

Jas Wed 03-Sep-08 10:27:32

sad bythepower... I hope you are ok. Try and keep busy today, and your appointment will be over soon. It will not be abywhere near as bad as the anticipation.

<<Big waves>> everyone.

I need to do a huge list and try and get some serious work done today, so here goes...
Morning
1 Make bed
2 Washing machine
3 Breakfast INCLUDING ME
4 Wash up/shine sink
5 Wipe table/high chair
6 Clear surfaces
7 Packed lunches
8 What's for tea?
9 Sweep the kitchen floor
10 Swish and swipe
Afternoon
11 15 min declutter
12 mission
13 Where's the washing?
14 2 min hotspot
Evening
15 Tea
16 Wash up/shine sink
17 Wipe table/highchair
18 DD1 homework/tables
19 DD2 homework/reading/spelling
20 Baths
21 Tidy toys
22 Hoover
23 School bags
_ Monday_
Bathroom
Mirrors
Mop kitchen
Clean wheelie bin
Tuesday
Vacuum upstairs
30 min zone clean
Wednesday
Paperwork
Check calendar
Cards/letters/bills
Plus
Find missing dvd and cd to return to library
Return ladder to neighbour
15 min each dds rooms
Airing cupboard

hre may be moresad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now