Talk

Advanced search

Probably a stupid question and in the wrong topic but can i put soft toys in the washer?

(21 Posts)
Phoenix Mon 01-Sep-08 16:28:06

Most say surface wash only but they don't come clean and a spin in the washer would be better but i don't want to ruin them ds loves his soft toys.

Do i need to put them in pillowcases or anything and what sort of wash can they go on if they can go in?

Sorry for a really dim question

PinkChick Mon 01-Sep-08 16:29:19

dd's teddies go in a pillow case on wool washsmile

Tommy Mon 01-Sep-08 16:29:28

I always put them in on a gentle cycle. None have come to any harm yet. I put all the soft toys from our toddler group in last week and they're all fine too.

Phoenix Mon 01-Sep-08 16:33:50

Oh good. Iggle Piggle has seen better days but i'd be in trouble if he got ruined

pushchair Mon 01-Sep-08 16:36:01

yes you can and I do but not half as often as required

PinkChick Mon 01-Sep-08 16:39:19

just re hsape when you take him outsmile

Phoenix Mon 01-Sep-08 18:20:25

hmm Will his teletubbies with hard faces be ok?

Now i know this all of his teddies will be all clean and sparkling

Tommy Mon 01-Sep-08 19:33:11

I have put teletubbies in there before - there were fine grin

Tommy Mon 01-Sep-08 19:33:41

don't tumble dry them though or their faces will melt grin

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 19:37:05

I put all the soft toys (apart from talking ones) in washer in pillow cases on 40C wash, including teletubbies & they're all still with us . . . unfortunately!grin

Phoenix Mon 01-Sep-08 19:40:28

Good cos they're already in the washer . I'm not quite stupid enough to put them in the dryer lol

Thanks for all your replies

CapricaSix Mon 01-Sep-08 19:41:22

I put dd's very much loved puppy (by me too) in a pillow case on cold wool wash with delicate laundry liquid, it's a Hamley's one with beads in his bum & legs, it says surface wash only. I am always so nervous throughout the cycle and am so relieved when he comes out fine! blush

TrinityRhino Mon 01-Sep-08 19:43:20

lol funny to see this when I have just taken out a penguin, dog and elephant from the washer lol

they are all fine but need their fur brushing grin

jeee Mon 01-Sep-08 19:45:53

I do, and trainers, and lunch boxes - sometimes on boil (if kids have been sick over them). Only time I had a problem was with a teletubbies eyes which sunk.

CapricaSix Mon 01-Sep-08 19:47:15

lunch boxes?! of what material?

jeee Mon 01-Sep-08 19:50:46

Not the hard ones, the insulated thingies. Otherwise I can't get the petit filous/bits of banana off them.

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 20:12:09

teletubbies eyes sunk?? is it a blind teletubby now then grin

CapricaSix Mon 01-Sep-08 20:59:51

ooh that might solve one of my problems then! It's plasticy though, you know a pink thing with a picture of a cute puppy on the front, that sort of thing...would that really be ok in the machine??

Tommy Mon 01-Sep-08 21:04:28

I've done lunch boxes too grin

I did some slippers once that played The Wheels on the Bus when you pressed a little button. I think DS2 had pooed or been sick on them. They sill played the bloody tune when they came out!!

Phoenix Mon 01-Sep-08 21:14:45

They've come out fine and are hanging on the clothes airer to dry. Ds will wonder what the hell's going on when he see's them in the morning

EustaciaVye Tue 02-Sep-08 08:17:51

I do DDs light up trainers and the lights still work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now