Talk

Advanced search

Worn enamel? How can I clean it?

(3 Posts)
laweaselmys Mon 01-Sep-08 12:36:50

We moved into this house two months ago, and it's become obvious that the enamel at the bottom of the bath has been worn away. I can clean the parts of the bath that aren't worn with cif, but the worn sections just rip up any clothes or sponges I try and use on them, and trying to soak them hasn't had much effect. There are already a few marks that just won't shift.

We can't get a new bath as it is a rented house so would probably have to replace it with another enamel one and we don't have the money for this. We've only got one bathroom, so we can't avoid using it either.

RedHead81 Mon 01-Sep-08 12:42:00

can you get it re-enamelled?

My MILs bath is like this (she has a rather fetching avacado green suite) Her's got damaged many years ago with bleach - she soaked the BBQ stuff in bleach in her bath and all the enamel came off at the bottom and about 5inches up too. There's nothing wrong with it, but it does look unsightly. She said that it just needs to be re-enammelled, but i have no idea who does this sort of thing or how much it would cost.

laweaselmys Mon 01-Sep-08 15:23:19

Hmm, thanks I will look into it!

I loved the look of this bathroom suite when we moved in (it is white, and we've never had a white suite before!) and now I hate it with a passion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now