Talk

Advanced search

at the risk of sounding stupid . . .

(11 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 12:22:00

I can't get to grips with the MoneySavingExpert forum pages hmm

& I didn't know where else to put this so now probably look even dafter!

can anyone tell me a good place to start on mse without confusing me? thought i might pick up a few hints/tips from on there is all smile

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 12:46:49

anyone? please?

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 18:56:34

no-one at all? I'll struggle then sad

Libra1975 Mon 01-Sep-08 18:57:24

Which bit are you having problems with?

S1ur Mon 01-Sep-08 18:57:41

I mostly use their search function I think

OneLieIn Mon 01-Sep-08 18:59:17

Why don't you just get the newsletter, then follow the links in there?

I agree their website is the WORST!

staryeyed Mon 01-Sep-08 19:01:27

It depends what sort of thing you want to read about /ask about. I use whatever is relevant to me at the time- so when I was moving- the renting sub forum, when we renew car insurance- insurance sub forum, etc they have very informative people. Its always good to have a look at the shopping bit- it has latest offers etc.

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 19:01:47

All of it!! I just don't understand it.

Apart from to sit down and read threads on there. Like the pages where people are counting how many boots or nectar points they have and stuff like that.

Maybe I ought to have a proper sit down at it later on & see if I can get my head around it.

It took me forever to get the hang of mn too, my brain takes forever to understand things like that hmm

I just wondered where would be a good place to start rather than just reading it

staryeyed Mon 01-Sep-08 19:02:19

I think the layout is really good.

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 19:02:58

OneLieIn, that's not a bad idea actually, think I'll sign up for it. It's just hard to get to grips with imo but then again, millions of other people get it!

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 19:04:36

I'm off to have another go, see if I can get to grips with the layout! Maybe thats just it, because it's different to what I'm used to on here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now