(36 Posts)
EustaciaVye Mon 01-Sep-08 07:45:48

kelly's mission

Zone - hall, porch, dining room.

EustaciaVye Mon 01-Sep-08 07:46:41

Babysteps

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 08:07:36

Morning EV & EVERYONE ELSE

just having brekky atm, lo got up very early so still feel like I'm waking up.

Off to docs after that to make an appointment - nice weather so may as well save on phone bill and walk up there!

BBL with a list, hope you all have good days and those with kids back to school get off to a good start smile

tigger32 Mon 01-Sep-08 08:09:26

Morning, EV and everyone else, thanks for links.
Well after a dodgy week last week i'm cooking on gas this morning grin I've already done
dusting whole house
washing in machine
dishwasher empty and reloaded
written shopping list for town including all september birthdays
15 min declutter in bedroom (it was desperate)
2 min hot spot
packed dh off to work
and i'm sat here in full make up!! shock

been doing some reading and...
I just have 2 questions if anyone could answer them please?

Do I have to wear my shoes in the house? we have a strict no shoe rule hmm but I notice flylady says you work better in shoes?

and I can't remember the other question that kept me awake most of the night angryblush
will have a think and come back

tigger32 Mon 01-Sep-08 08:10:12

morning lucysmam

sagacious Mon 01-Sep-08 08:15:38

Tigger
I'm always in bare feet
I think lots of people flout the shoe rule (waits for everyone to post they have special fly shoe with dusters on the soles)

I am on a go slow this morning so envy of your done list.

I've showered and am sitting on my backside with sopping wet hair.
Both dc's are absolutely sound asleep (have tried shaking)

Dd's first day back at nursery today so we need to be up and out by 8.55

hmm

Morning lucy and ev

Bewilderbeast Mon 01-Sep-08 08:26:07

Morning ev sag Lucysmam* tigger and all who come later

tigger I never wear shoes. I hate shoes in the house although dp takes no notice of this rule as he hates bare feet, grr.

done

ds fed - he has also managed to have 1 whole outfit change already this morning - more washing for me
wm loaded and on
sofa throw and cushions straightened
iron put away
dw unloaded, reloaded and put on delay
milk fetched in
kitchen surfaces and table top cleaned
sink scrubbed and new washing up bowl put in
ds has run off with my duster

trying to think of something nice to do with ds today, I am all out of ideas.

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 08:26:43

Morning tigger & saga smile

Tigger, I don't wear shoes at all unless we're off out!! Hate having them on my feet unless they're girly, sparkly numbers that are very sparkly and have huge heels. Very impractical in the house so I don't bother!!!

Saga hope dd has fun at nursery & you get there on time!

I have a sort of list for this morning now, because I'm not in a sitting on my ass al morning mood

SO:
wm on done
last nights load on line off to do NOW
brekky pots
phone asda about overcharging me for online shop, they charged me for stuff I haven't had delivered cos they didn't have in stock, even though the receipt says not charged shock
book lo's dr's appointment
send oh off to induction for new job
clean up oh's work boots
ebay
work out next fortnight's budget in plenty of time so we don't overspend

Have also asked oh on a 'date' tomorrow night and am cooking a 3 course meal to go with a nice bottle of wine. I'm doing spaghetti carbonara from Bewilderbeast's recipe for main & fruit fool for dessert to try them out, just not sure what for starter. Any suggestions welcome . . . please!

Pot cupboard could do with sorting this week too as it's a state.

Am also going to substitute missions with my own I think as I don't have a dining room, porch or hall so will be back with my mission for today later. ttfn x

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 08:28:16

Bewilder teddy bears picnic in the garden! me and lo did that yesterday, but then she decided it was bed time & abandoned me and the bears with a milkybar, which we shared, of course hmm

RubyRioja Mon 01-Sep-08 08:32:09

Hi all,

went to impromptu party last night so somewhat hungover and the dds are in foul mood - yay!

Off to docs to sort HD's vaccs.
Trying to be a bit more routiney so girls don't go into shock on Thurs!

I do wear shoes (crocs/flip flops) but tend to keep a clean pair for indoors.

Otherwise I get hobbit feet grin

Bewilderbeast Mon 01-Sep-08 08:36:04

lucysmam what about a tricoloure (sp?) salad slices of good tomato, avocado and mozzarella maybe with some crusty bread.

TheMadHouse Mon 01-Sep-08 08:42:14

Morning all

We have wood floors downstairs, so tend to pop our shoes on, plus iot the LOs just have socks on they slip everywhere, although they spend most of their time in the nude anyway grin

They have both been up since 5.30 arg.

They have eaten 4 banannas, porridge is cooling.

Washer is on
Load on the line
DW emptied
Beds made
15 mins in all bedrooms (just putting back stuff they have been messing with0
All dressed
New Organised mum calender up grin

To Do:

Home bleuring
Mission
Take the boys out for some play
Ironing
2 hot spots
Paperwork in hall to right places
sort dinner

Preschool doesnt start till next week, so its our last week this week and the forcaste is not good, at least we have a little sun now, so planning on enjoying it

ludaloo Mon 01-Sep-08 08:56:07

Morning Everyone smile

I cannot believe it is September already shock Where the heck did the summer go!?

Kids are all just about ready to go back to school I think. They don't go back until Wednesday, and DD2 doesn't go back to nursery until the 8th.

September is a really busy month for us....it is packed full of birthdays. My dad, my nephew, DD1 and DS, my neice and two friends.

I'm hoping the sun stays put today. We are going to play at a friends but if the weather is ok we'll go to the park.

Other than that I'm on a mission to straighten out the house ready for everyone starting a routine again!

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 09:53:49

Bewilder, good idea!! Have some crusty bread/mozzarella, just have to pop to co-op for toms & avocado!

Since I have no hall/porch, my own mission for today is to wash the front door & living room window outside & in. Shouldn't take me too long and is probably well overdue tbh!
pots are washed so far and my second load of washing is almost done. Been to shop for milk.

Might pass on oh's work boots though, he's just told me they've been living outside hmm for the past few months! God only knows what's been living in them, bet they'd make a fabby home for slugs/spiders . . . yuk yuk yuk

luda did parcel get to you yet?? Summer seems to have come back to us today smile it's lovely here and am hoping it will last a bit longer as the new playgroup is shut down for refurb - it's in a village hall type thing & that's being re-painted all week so we've nowt to do Thursday and Friday mornings so am hoping to go to park without oh taking over.

Shannaratiger Mon 01-Sep-08 10:38:02

Morning all

Had a lovely break at M & D's. Got back yesterday and unpacked, put a wash on, sorted out tea put ds to bed and watched gladiators with dd ( she had a nap in the car), ds loves watching it but they moved it from 7 to 8pm. sad
Today morning routine done inc. Last nights load dried and put away, todays out on line.
I'm now going to do the thigh trainer, mum's cooking is soo nice. grin

Have a good day everyone
BBL

Katiekins83 Mon 01-Sep-08 12:13:53

afternoon all!

im just in the process of making myself some lunch, have been busy all morning trying to get the house completely sorted as return to uni 2 weeks tomorrow! where did the time go.

mission complete
kitchen complete
washing half complete 4 loads done and another 4 to go!
cleaned all windows in house
washed sofa
need to sort out dry washing
hoover everywhere and possibly piant some doors if i have time....might go to the gym tho! lol!
bblxx

scattyspice Mon 01-Sep-08 13:01:36

Ho all.

Katie what are you studying?

Have been busy all weekend as Mum came to stay (til Tues). Hope you all had good W/Es.

Up and at it in military style this am as I've gone back to work and DD back to nursey (DS school tomorrow), so practised my new morining routine and got up early to get washed/dressed before kids. Also managed to get kids to dress (with much protest) before leaving the bedroom (rather than just before leaving the house lol). Worked well (with use of star chart) lets hope I can keep it up.
DD is getting used to sleeping without me holding her hand and slept through last night (yeah). RB I spotted your post on Fri re this but didn't get chance to reply. I agree with you totally and I'm not pushing the sleep thing just nudging in the right direction, both DCs have had sleep problems but Ds started to sleep by himself (unprompted) at 3.5 so I'm trying to encourage DD to do the same.

Lunch time up so I'd better get back to work. BBl

RubyRioja Mon 01-Sep-08 13:20:47

Dh has just emailed me!
We rarely have contact in workgin day - am in shock!

Have ordered winter coats for school and some fun stuff in Fatface sale for dds. That should do us until Xmas.

Am looking at play dough, paints, glue and glitter. Damn I should not try to encourage them to be creative but put them in front of telly - much tidier!

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 13:29:18

well, lol @ me not being in a sit on my ass mood, I'm bored now waiting for oh to get in & mil to come and get lo so we can go out for an hour! And yes, I am sat on my bum, playing on the www. instead of doing anything useful while my lo is playing with cream cheese and breadsticks hmm am sure I meant for her to eat them!

I am doing well with my list though . . .

wm on done again
last nights load on line done
brekky pots done
phone asda about overcharging me for online shop, they charged me for stuff I haven't had delivered cos they didn't have in stock, even though the receipt says not charged done
book lo's dr's appointment
send oh off to induction for new job done
clean up oh's work boots yuk yuk they're full of cobwebby things and look gross so he can hose-pipe them first to get rid of anything living in them!
ebay
work out next fortnight's budget in plenty of time so we don't overspend doing sort of halfheartedly

How did kids going back to school get on? & how are everyone else's days going?

Ruby lmao@put them in front of the telly, no chance mine would sit long enough!
scatty our lo has problems with sleeping too, it's a pita! she won't sleep without one or other of us laying with her til she's asleep. MIL thinks we should take her to doc about it hmm shock
Katie what are you studying? &wow!!!! at the amount of washing you're doing!! is that a fortnights worth!? I only do 4 loads a week usually, but I am tight n only do one lights, 1 darks, 1 towels and 1 bedding. If something's not there to be washed but needs it it's tough! they wait until next time!

ludaloo Mon 01-Sep-08 13:40:19

Hiya,

lucys your parcel arrived today, thank you smile
My DD2 won't sleep unless someone is sat with her either....she is 3!

lucysmam Mon 01-Sep-08 13:45:10

good good! at least they get from one end of the ountry to the other quite quickly even if PO's offer poor service and posties are very slow!

My lo has developed a serious problem with blokes recently as well as the dodgy sleeping habits thing, she screams at anyone who isn't daddy!!! weird little things kids sometimes aren't they!?

Katiekins83 Mon 01-Sep-08 14:10:00

scattyspice and lucysmam im studying forensic science and psychology and am about to go into my final year! grin yeah! all being well.hmm

yes 8 loads a week (sometimes moreblush) and there is only 2 of us, i wash everything in sight cant stand the thought of anything harbouring bugs! yuk!

plus DS sometimes goes through 3 lots of clothes at nursery, i think they should be more vigilant with him, or should put bib on for lunch etc, as when he is at home we go through 1 outfit a day at a push 2. anyway im just happy that hes healthy and able to make a mess.

tigger32 Mon 01-Sep-08 16:07:33

Hi everyone thanks for answering my shoe question.
I will continue barefoot.

The other question I have is why does the flylady say I should get up, showered and then weigh myself shock do you all weigh yourselves everyday??
Or have I misunderstood?

Bewilderbeast Mon 01-Sep-08 16:23:58

tigger I'd ignore the weighing bit too. I only weigh myself when I can distract ds for long enough otherwise he pushes me off them before I get a reading

done
been to cannon hall farm with ds, just got back am having my first cup of tea for the day, don't know how I've survived this long
wm emptied, reloaded and on, still need to hang it up
cleaned my sandals and ds's shoes
inside of loo cleaned, will do outside when dp gets home and i can clean the bathroom

TheMadHouse Mon 01-Sep-08 16:54:23

Afternoon all

I have not managed much flying yet, as I went to see my preg friend, she is a bit down (I hated being preg).

Dinner is in the oven and I will do the ironing nad mission once DH is in.

Rubes What did you buy in FF?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now