Talk

Advanced search

Whole house renovations on my own with 2 kids under 6 (1 SN) How do I cope? Please advise!!!

(1 Post)
adamadamum Sun 31-Aug-08 22:06:13

My house was council until recently, it's just been bought by a housing association and finally it is going to be made into a decent home.

They have already done the double glazing in one day, but in 2 weeks all the other stuff will start. They say it takes 6 weeks.

I am having: New kitchen, new bathroom, Full rewire and central heating. Plus at last a shower over the bath and a shed in the garden.

There are 3 days when we have to be out of the house by 8am and not return until 3pm.

I am really grateful to have this work done but I am dreading it!

We have no family or close friends nearby - it's those three days away from the house so early in the morning that worry me.

My daughter usually gets picked up (she has SN and goes to a school further away so gets transport) at around 8.30am, and I will have to get my son to school which would normally mean leaving at 8.40am.

I am dreading it! I know it will be worth it, but any tips on coping would be appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now