Talk

Advanced search

NEWLY PAINTED WHITE WOODWORK GOING YELLOW ALREADY !!!!!!!!!

(11 Posts)
Justcallmereallystupid Sun 31-Aug-08 20:52:35

I recently had a decorator to paint all the woodwork in my house he used dulux satin paint not the quick drying kind as he said the quick drying paint goes yellow quickly but three weeks later i can see it already turning yellow... What can I do to kep it white

platypussy Sun 31-Aug-08 21:09:28

Ive got exactly the same problem - same paint.

Justcallmereallystupid Mon 01-Sep-08 18:18:52

Anyone else got this problem or maybe solution i swear each day its getting worse..

maidamess Mon 01-Sep-08 18:19:28

It could have been old paint.

tigergirl Mon 01-Sep-08 18:26:40

you need to use crown.
dulux always does that.

RedHead81 Mon 01-Sep-08 18:27:27

Its more than likely the wood - some wood leaks sap which discolours paint, especially where the Knots are in the wood - or previous smokers - it will leak through.

try something like this

RedHead81 Mon 01-Sep-08 18:28:38

doesn't matter what paint you use if its not been treated properly it will always seep through

Justcallmereallystupid Mon 01-Sep-08 18:39:31

~Thanks for your messages will try the primer and then have it done again in crown. noone smokes in the house, and i had the whole house done three weeks ago and every bit has turned bloody cream. really pissed off..

RedHead81 Mon 01-Sep-08 18:44:11

did the previous owners smoke though?

Justcallmereallystupid Mon 01-Sep-08 19:37:56

Hi RedHead81 well I have been in this house for 13 years and no smoke here !! and i suppose maybe eight or so years ago new doors, architrive and banisters etc. just vile now

Antdamm Tue 02-Sep-08 20:15:37

its the wood underneath, if its seeping sap or is treated with something, doesnt matter how long ago, it will seep orangey dew type drip. We used to get it in on our bathroom roof, we thought it was from not having our window open when we had showers. But we painted the inside of our summerhouse for the first time and found the same thing. I found that using neat bleach and a throwaway cloth on the affected areas worked a treat.

Worth a shot, if it worked, it would save you having to re-do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now