Talk

Advanced search

Microwave not heating up food

(11 Posts)
findtheriver Sun 31-Aug-08 12:06:46

It sounds just as normal when I switch it on, the light comes on, the turntable rotates and it pings! at the end - but food is stone cold. Hard to believe it's broken as everything looks/sounds ok. When I've had a microwave break before there's always been a flash and a pop but this was working fine til now. There is a tiny s1 appearing on the LED display along with the time counting down, and DH doesnt remember this appearing before, so he wonders if it's somehow been put on a different setting. We've tried the cancel button and various combinations but can't get it back to normal though. Any suggestions?

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 12:10:54

have you put it on defrost without realising?

I always leave mine on defrost accidentally & wonder why the food's cold.

Do you have the instructions to tell you how to re-set it to normal heating up food setting & see if that does the trick?

findtheriver Sun 31-Aug-08 12:23:47

Can't find the instruction booklet! I wondered about defrost, but I've tried reset to normal and no luck.

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 13:18:35

erm, does switching it off at socket re-set it. Or try and find the manufacturers website & see if there's an online instruction book for it?

findtheriver Sun 31-Aug-08 13:52:02

Tried switching off at socket. I'll try the website - thanks

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 17:32:35

did you have any luck with manufacturers website?

PavlovtheCat Sun 31-Aug-08 17:33:25

Ah, you see this happened to ours.

It was broken.

findtheriver Sun 31-Aug-08 19:39:23

Oh bugger! Which bit is broken? I thought they always went POP or BANG or did something a bit more dramatic. I'm guessing you just buy new these days rather than look at repairs

PavlovtheCat Sun 31-Aug-08 20:42:32

I am not sure exactly which bit had broken to be honest, but it had something to do with us not cleaning it properly, so the repair guy said. He said it was not repairable, so we bought a new one.

It did nothing dramatic alas! We just went to use it, and it did not heat anything hmm.

adamadamum Sun 31-Aug-08 21:33:30

How about googling the make and model, plus something like "instruction". I got something recently and the instructions were missing but I googled the make etc and downloaded the instructions.

I hope this helps!

adamadamum Sun 31-Aug-08 21:35:25

Sorry, silly me, I hadn't noticed in my haste that you already had that suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now