Talk

Advanced search

I can't decide where to put this . . .

(10 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 10:35:58

so am going to put it in here!

Does anyone have any ideas for something I could do with my lo today (foggy where I am sad ) that

a)is free
b)is not play d'oh because we've always got that out
c)won't make too much mess a

and d) isn't go to the park, because tbh i can't be bothered to walk that far this morning

So anything else I will gladly try to relieve the boredom that's set in this morning

Thanks xx

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sun 31-Aug-08 10:36:59

how old are they?

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 10:39:15

19mo

undercovercat Sun 31-Aug-08 10:39:39

leaf hunt If you have trees.
Wash dollys/teddies/lego in the bath?
Long bath with food colouring in bottles/potions.
Wander to shop and get popcorn, have a movie afternoon, shut curtains pretend you are at the movies.
Make lunch a teddie bear picnic on the front room floor.

posieflump Sun 31-Aug-08 10:40:36

read books
go for a walk
go in the garden with a washing up bowl and some plastic cups

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sun 31-Aug-08 10:42:07

some ideas on here
Got suggestions like Obstacle Course, Treasure Hunt, Indoor Picnic and also has printable paper dolls & outfits, and printable pictures to colour

undercovercat Sun 31-Aug-08 10:42:21

19 months.. do you have a little paddling pool? I used to lay towels down and have it in the kitchen.
rearrange bookshelves, pull them all off and let her help sort them while talking about the books.

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 10:42:58

teddy bear picnic sounds a good one! I have a little plastic tea set somewhere & table cloth that would do as a rug. I dread to think what she'd do in a bath full of food colouring! Would it not stain the bath? Or lo for that matter? Washing dollies n teddies is a good un too, they can have a picnic then a bath n bed while her dad's at footy!

Fab, undercovercat, thanks very much! smile I'm off to play teddies with lo

undercovercat Sun 31-Aug-08 10:45:08

couple of drops in each bottle and it doesnt stain. Also, for outside, jug of water, and a paint brush get her to paint the fences or walls. Add a little food colour if you have it. Doesnt stain and is hours of entertainment while you read the paper!

lucysmam Sun 31-Aug-08 10:45:41

obstacle course could be fun in living room, could even make a den under table. Colouring's fun too. I've no ink to print anything off but could sit her down n colour on the roll of lining paper we didn't use.

Brill, I'm sorted for the next few days while playgroup's shut too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now