Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if salty water will...

(10 Posts)
solo Sat 30-Aug-08 17:18:50

get rid of ice that is in the top of my upright freezer and is building up and stopping the door from closing properly as it's starting to creep out? I know it's used for ice and snow on footpaths, so if I put it into a spray bottle and aim it at the ice, is it likely to melt the ice? The freezer is quite full and I have nowhere to put the food whilst I defrost it properly(and it's meant to be frost freehmm), so I really need to do something as a short term thing.
Or...any other tips other than chipping away(which I've done as much as I can)or hairdryer...Please.

Uriel Sat 30-Aug-08 17:28:49

Sorry, don't know. Is there anything in the manual about this happening?

solo Sat 30-Aug-08 17:31:33

I haven't a clue where it is tbh. I've had it from new for about 9 years and it's been doing this for about 7 of them. I doubt it's meant to ice up at all though.
Thank you anyay.

solo Sat 30-Aug-08 19:58:13

DanJARMouse Sat 30-Aug-08 20:03:57

HAIRDRYER!

solo Sat 30-Aug-08 20:10:39

Hmmm....might have to...

nancy75 Sat 30-Aug-08 20:13:55

what about hot water in the spray bottle?

Califrau Sat 30-Aug-08 20:14:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

solo Sat 30-Aug-08 20:16:45

Maybe...didn't think of that. I want to make as little watery mess as possible so as not to wreck my laminate flooring. I'll give that some thought too. Thank you.

solo Sat 30-Aug-08 20:19:35

Years ago, I was able to take everything out and pile it up on a plastic sheet and cover it all up with towels, but I can't do that in this house. I only need to sort out the top two shelves as the rest are plastic drawers and not iced up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now