Talk

Advanced search

Do Flys Generally Fly Around Dirty Houses or Just any old House?

(15 Posts)
Figment Fri 29-Aug-08 11:21:28

?

I have wondered this for years.

sagacious Fri 29-Aug-08 11:27:21

IMO flies are thick (I try to usher them out of open windows and the sodding things just do not get it.

They are more likely to tell all there mates "theres a party at no 8" if they discover a whole load of uncovered food, but the actual flying is fairly random.

HTH

Othersideofthechannel Fri 29-Aug-08 11:41:31

Also depends what's outside. When we have cows in the field next door there are lots of flies in the house. No cows this year and noticeably less flies. House is still as dirty!

Figment Fri 29-Aug-08 13:01:17

Thanks. smile

My friends house is a little bit dirty and she has lots if flies. Whilst my house is semi-dirty and only ever has a few flies yet I remember when I was younger my family house has LOTS of flies.

My mother must have been a slattern methinks.

mehgalegs Fri 29-Aug-08 13:04:05

My house is cleanish but we have tonnes of flies. This is mainly due t the fact that we are surrounded by a dairy farm.

They drive me mad. Fly spoys every where.

I wait until evening, they sleep on the kitchen beams and then I whack 'em with a fly swat.

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 13:05:02

Any old house that leaves a door or window open for the feckers flies to get in

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 13:06:08

although i have noticed that there are far fewer flies this year... but I don't live near anything that attracts them

FAQ Fri 29-Aug-08 13:06:31

actually flies are remarkably clever

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 13:11:14

some people just have too much time on their hands, and too much funding. grin

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 13:12:39

a bit like the NASA scientists who drugged spiders to see what effect it had on their webs

FAQ Fri 29-Aug-08 13:22:41

lol - I love the caffeine one grin

Figment Fri 29-Aug-08 13:24:05

Is it true flies poo on your food each time they land on it?

Thumbwitch you comment has freaked me out slightly as I work somewhere where we need funding, You are not sitting opposite me, or something..... my boss?

[panic emoticon]

twinsetandpearls Fri 29-Aug-08 13:24:16

We have quite a few flies when the cows come to the bottom of our garden as well. Loads of wasps at the moment as well, just had to get rid of dd juice as there was a wasp in it.

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 13:32:20

grin at Figment
<snurk>

mehgalegs Fri 29-Aug-08 14:20:15

I have just sprayed all the flies in the kitchen with vinegar and then as they fell, coughing and spluttering to the floor sucked them all up the hoover - mwhahahaha! death to all flies (in my house)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now