Talk

Advanced search

How on earth do I get stains out of my DC's clothes???

(5 Posts)
pedilia Wed 27-Aug-08 20:45:36

Food and mud that seems to be ingrained into the fabric???
It doesn't seem to matter what I do/use they just don't shift!

lucysmam Wed 27-Aug-08 21:38:46

tesco value bio wash powder's what I use n gets most things out. If you can, although not always possible/practical, soak in cold water as soon as spilled on or as soon as possible after

other than that, keep marked stuff for in the house when no-one's going to see or you're not going anywhere & dress them up for going out? that's what I do so that not all my lo's nice clothes are stained/marked.

oh, and we have 'park' clothes as daft as it sounds so it doesn't matter if she falls in mud or splashes in puddles because they literally are clothes for playing out in

TurkeyLurkey Wed 27-Aug-08 21:41:11

Soak stuff in soda crystals then wash as hot as they'll stand in bio powder with some extra soda crystals thrown in for good measure. I love soda crystals, dirt cheap too.

thisisyesterday Wed 27-Aug-08 21:43:56

ecover stain remover is REALLY good.
I use their washing powder which is shit on stains, and thought the stain remover might be too, but it's actually fabby.

girlandboy Wed 27-Aug-08 22:59:26

Tried everything to get mud out of ds's football shorts (silky synthetic fabric) and white of course! It just got worse and worse with stain over stain over stain. This week I put them in a bowl, dampened them with cold water and sprinkled borax on them. Left them for a few hours and washed as normal. Not a stain in sight - couldn't believe it, they've been stained for months.
Borax is dead cheap, got it out of the "Naturally" range at Tesco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now