Talk

Advanced search

ideas how to brighten up my greying towels??

(11 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 25-Aug-08 11:05:38

they're cream and fairly new, however, when i got them i didn't really think about footy playing oh or messy lo (i of course am perfect hmm ) and they're now starting to look a bit grey and lifeless. Anyone any idea how to get them back to their original creamy loveliness or am i doomed to have greying towels forever sad

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lucysmam Mon 25-Aug-08 11:11:30

cheers janitor, will give it a go. anything's got to be better than how they are right now!

TheProvincialLady Mon 25-Aug-08 11:13:52

Get them hanging out on the washing line the first sunny day we get and leave them out all day. If it works for poo stained nappies it will definitely work on towels.

lucysmam Mon 25-Aug-08 11:15:48

before washing TheProvincialLady? or after?

lucysmam Mon 25-Aug-08 11:19:07

well I didn't know that. Will wash on a very hot wash, with bio powder and ace bleach and dry outside in the sun, if we ever get some more sunny weather hmm

TheProvincialLady Mon 25-Aug-08 11:29:13

Yep, after. So now you just have to wait until summer 2009...fingers crossedwink

themildmanneredeelsmoker Mon 25-Aug-08 20:01:52

how did they come out then?

lucysmam Mon 25-Aug-08 20:48:00

better than they were for sure! still the odd grubby mark but what can I expect with lo and footy playing oh around??! serves me right for getting cream towels really instead of more flattering black hmm will do the same again the next time i get up to sunshiney weather!

where did yourname come from mildmanneredeelsmoker?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now