Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning up after building work

(7 Posts)
DeirdreD Sun 24-Aug-08 13:21:16

Hello all,
I am in the midst of a bunch of building work in our house due to finish up in a few weeks and I am totally overwhelmed about how to get our house even reasonably clean. There is dust everywhere-all over every surface in all the carpets and all over the walls. Any suggestions for how anyone else has handled it. Its all a bit difficult now because I am now 9 months pregnant and at that stage where I really can't bend over well. Has anyone used a professional company to do a big intensive clean and have any recommendations?
Thanks so much.

DeirdreD Mon 25-Aug-08 08:35:15

Bump

twelveyeargap Mon 25-Aug-08 08:43:50

If you're 9 months pregnant and you have that much cleaning, DEFINITELY go for a professional job. I have used agencies for one-off cleans, though never on that scale.

I would call around a few and find an agency which will send experienced cleaners round who don't need to be supervised. It's worth paying extra not to have to make hand gestures to non-English speakers and certainly worth a bit extra to be able to go out for 4 hours whilst a team clean the house, rather than have to keep giving them jobs to do.

From what people tell me, you be best off looking for a company who charge for the whole job, rather than sending people round on an hourly rate.

rubyloopy Mon 25-Aug-08 09:39:59

Message withdrawn

RubySlippers Mon 25-Aug-08 09:49:52

i used a very good company

scarlet cleaning - they operate in London/Home Counties link here

do not attempt it yourself and give it a few weeks to allow the dust to settle

DeirdreD Mon 25-Aug-08 13:50:01

Thanks very much .. yeah I think I have no choice but a professional company now. Its pretty demoralising living through a build. Anything you do actually dust or clean at the end of the day just ends up getting dusty again 10 hours later so now we are just living in dust and filth and it feels as if we will never get out house back. And of course the three week window I had given between the end of building work and the baby's due date is gone so all of this is happening at the same time. Definitely my most stressful pregnancy.

Rubyslippers thanks for the recommendation I will call them.

user1489370826 Mon 13-Mar-17 02:11:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now