Talk

Advanced search

How to remove dishwasher marks from stanless steel cutlery?

(7 Posts)
TracyK Sun 24-Aug-08 13:10:44

I presume it's the dishwasher - but there's some browny marks (rust?) and some discoloration on all my cutlery. They were quite expensive - but are now 15 years old. Can I revive them or buy new ones?

elmoandella Sun 24-Aug-08 21:55:32

i'm watching. my dishwasher has done this to my brand new (very expensive) stainless steel cutlery. yet my old shitty ones seem to be fine.

i tried switching tablets. but that didn't work.

Curlylox Sun 24-Aug-08 22:05:14

Try taking out as soon as cycle (when it's hot and steamy) is finished and drying them with tea towel. Mine aren't too expensive but this happens sometimes but when I was looking at new cutlery not all were dishwasher recommended.

castille Sun 24-Aug-08 22:08:40

Don't use lemon scented dishwasher powder - tis v bad for stainless steel apparently

elmoandella Sun 24-Aug-08 22:13:15

oh that may be my problem. i probably changed brands but stuck with lemon. i like lemon,

no more after this box

suedonim Sun 24-Aug-08 22:41:07

Make sure the knives are in a separate part of the holder with none of them touching any of the forks/spoons etc. They have a different composition to the other items (they have to be harder) which causes a reaction resulting in the marks you see.

TracyK Mon 25-Aug-08 09:36:14

Drat - I like lemon too - always choose those ones. Will try diff ones next time. Thanks girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now