Talk

Advanced search

changing your bed - how often do you do it?

(39 Posts)
rachelp73 Sun 24-Aug-08 00:11:38

Ok, so I thought my usual fortnightly change of bedlinen was about normal and what most other people would do. I've done it more often if weather's been particular hot or if sheets are gross-tastic from one too many wet patches. grin But usually, fortnightly.

Then.....getting into Flylady for the first time this week, I see that weekly bedlinen changes are what I should be doing. Kim and Aggie say this too.

Am I being minging to only want to do it once a fortnight????

TequilaMockinBird Sun 24-Aug-08 00:12:49

I do mine once a week but thats mainly because DD sits in it to watch dvd's and drops crumbs etc!

poppy90 Sun 24-Aug-08 00:25:23

I change mine every fortnight... sometimes longer if I forget which week it is blush

lojoesmammy Sun 24-Aug-08 00:30:27

Once a week for the kids, unless it looks minging when I go to make the bed.
Every other day for dh and mine. He works nights, and his pillow is always so dirty, I can't understand how, as he showers twice a day, (when he gets home and when he gets up)
I used to work with a lady who changed her sheets EVERY DAY. Mind you she had no kids.

lucysmam Sun 24-Aug-08 08:36:21

Once a week for us unless its been really hot and oh has been sweating a lot, then it's been every other day or so. Once a week for lo's bed as well but more again if she's unwell in there

tryingtocookacurry Sun 24-Aug-08 08:38:26

Once a week, but my tumble dryer has been broken and with it raining so much, I couldn't be arsed, so fortnightly here at the moment.

AbbaFan Sun 24-Aug-08 08:54:24

Definately fortnightly - sometimes longer blush

If I did it anymore than that, I truly would have no life wink

Every 2 weeks, would be weekly but what with the school holidays and crap weather I just cant be bothered.

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 24-Aug-08 09:13:20

once a week for us and ds

NumberFour Sun 24-Aug-08 14:30:28

usually once a week but sometimes fortnightly. funnily enough, OH side gets a bit dirtier than my side, so more often if nec but never more than once a week. too much else to do!!!!

LadyMetroland Sun 24-Aug-08 14:31:56

Once a fortnight here as well, but I change the pillowcases weekly as dh and I are both big dribblers!

CarGirl Sun 24-Aug-08 14:36:05

weekly I wish, DH gets really hot at night so as soon as I can't bear the smell of stale sweat anything from 2 - 6 days probably.

lulumama Sun 24-Aug-08 14:36:29

weekly for us and the DCs

would do it twice a week or more if i could. love fresh sheets!

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 24-Aug-08 14:36:33

once a week along with towel change.

when I was at school we changed our sheets every week but the duvet every fortnight, I could never work that out.

HeadFairy Sun 24-Aug-08 14:37:40

Once a week for us, but then I cheat and the cleaner does it. When it's down to me it's at whatever point dh's pillow turns a disgusting shade of brown (what is it with his head? He washes his hair every day but its still the greasiest ever!)

Anna8888 Sun 24-Aug-08 14:38:00

Once a week. I hate dirty beds.

FluffyMummy123 Sun 24-Aug-08 14:39:44

Message withdrawn

rachelp73 Sun 24-Aug-08 16:10:51

Right, so now I feel like a dirty minger! You've all shamed me into doing it weekly from now on. I must admit, I DO love that feeling of getting into nice fresh sheets.

DisplacementActivity Sun 24-Aug-08 16:15:53

Message withdrawn

shinyshoes Sun 24-Aug-08 17:44:57

once a fortnight.

Sometimes I've forgotten which week it is and it's been left longer. But i'm not minging I bathe regularly grin

Children every sunday, now they don't bathe regularly and are minging grin

Denny185 Sun 24-Aug-08 17:47:58

Fortnightly in the winter, weekly in the summer.

MrsMattie Sun 24-Aug-08 17:49:06

Fortnightly.

Heated Sun 24-Aug-08 17:49:47

My mother said if she ever became rich she'd have fresh sheets on her bed every day. Not sure what being rich had to do with it, but simple pleasures I guess.

DD's cotbed is done every week, but I alternate ds' & ours, so each bed is done once every two weeks.

NayNayAndThriceNay Sun 24-Aug-08 18:12:20

Well I think I'm the biggest minger so far. Once every 3 weeks, if I remember!! Ooh dear shock

Cammelia Sun 24-Aug-08 18:14:14

Minimum of once a week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now