Talk

Advanced search

Why is it whenever dd 7mths has banana all her clothes have black stains on ?

(10 Posts)
Lilyloo Sat 23-Aug-08 14:10:29

And how do i get rid of them ?

meglet Sat 23-Aug-08 14:23:15

I don't know, but bumping for you. All the flannels I use to clean DS's face have banana marks on them hmm.

littleducks Sat 23-Aug-08 14:31:31

banana stains are indelible
you learn this when you wean
it requires immediate soaking

desperatehousewifetoo Sat 23-Aug-08 14:32:30

Mine used to get this too. It's from all the banana going black after it's peeled.

Can't remember any specific tricks but think I tried to clean them as soon as possible to try to beat the colour change - rather than letting them languish in the washing basket for a week like some things!

probably used some stain remover. You can get specific stain devils for it.

Lilyloo Sat 23-Aug-08 20:45:56

thanks you would of thought after weaning 3 i would have realised this hmm

Clary Sat 23-Aug-08 20:58:15

You can't.

That's just how it is. It's something you learn as littleducks says, when you wean.

If they are white try bleach; if not try hot hot hot wash and then hang out in full sun to sort of bleach.

Can't promise tho.

Romy7 Sat 23-Aug-08 21:02:23

ah the banana.
instant wash or bin forever.
why do they always like it so much, it's so easy to give them, but such a nightmare for laundry?
the banana conspiracy.

onepieceoflollipop Sat 23-Aug-08 21:04:24

Tips for banana stains:

Delegate some large bibs to be used for banana eating, rather than wrecking dozens.

Buy white face flannels only, bleach works ime.

Only feed bananas in high chairs not on your best sofa, in pushchair wearing best clothes etc etc. grin

Lilyloo Sat 23-Aug-08 21:10:51

LOL grin at conspiracy !

desperatehousewifetoo Sat 23-Aug-08 21:45:21

My dd was allergic to bananas as a baby so managed to miss out on the stains with her. She's so helpfulsmile

Got plenty with ds though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now