Thursday FLY - Mad and Jas will be packing like FLY ladies do

(60 Posts)
TheMadHouse Thu 21-Aug-08 08:15:08

Morning

Mission

Baby Steps

TheMadHouse Thu 21-Aug-08 08:20:36

Morning

LMM Well done with the potty training. I found it wasier later with DS1 and we were dry at night at the same time. I am sure if you rush it they end up in pull ups at night for ages.

Jas I am not proud either and we had loads of stuff passed on when I had DS1, which I have taken great pleasure in passing on too.

Tort We havent had the weather for line drying sad, although today the sun is out smile

Plans for today

Taking mums shopping this am
Take cat to mums for his holidays
Feed the boys
Leave the boys with mum - she agreed (DH is collecting)

Back home to do the ironing
Packing for the camping trip
General house tidy

sagacious Thu 21-Aug-08 08:22:39

Morning mad

Was in London with dc's yesterday (met dh from work)was very odd. Showed them where I used to work. Seemed like a totally different world.

Anyhoo

Going to visit my sister and her dc's today so back on train/bus

Getting house sorted before we go

Will stop babbling now

bbl

TheMadHouse Thu 21-Aug-08 08:25:48

Sag How is the lovley flooring after the leak - is it an insurance job?

I am looking forward to taking my two to london when they are bigger. Mad I know, but I am actually looking forward to showing them things like Reading (where we used to live) grin

Porridge is cooling

sagacious Thu 21-Aug-08 08:34:41

Original fitter reckons it will all have tobe replaced ie cloakroom (the damaged bit) hall and living room (as they're all connected .. the planks all run vertically and just taking out the warped stuff will mean totally different colours as it changes over the years.. trust us to get the expensiv stuff ! So thats nearly £4 thousand shock (hopefully insurance will cough up .. he obviously wants the job as he's writing a report) grin

I'm still sat here doing sod all !

Dc's were facinated by London and my old life (must admit it was mainly showing them where I had lunch and what pubs I used to frequent fall out of grin

BiancaCastafiore Thu 21-Aug-08 08:38:23

Morning

Jas and Mad have great holidays, do you both leave today?
Loopy well done on the toilet training Clever dd2! I'll have a look for tops but usually pass on stuff to a neighbour on a regular basis so never have much hanging around...

I still have ds in pull-ups at night and there's no evidence of him getting out of them. He usually gets up for a wee at 10pm-ish but will almost always wet the bed between 4/5am if not in pull-ups. We have restricted evening drinks but it doesn't seem to make a difference He is a child who seems to wee a lot.

I spent last night talking to a friend about composing a letter to our local MIU who failed to notice ds has broken his collarbone when I took him there 3 weeks ago after a fallangry A weird lump has since appeared on his shouldwe so I took him tot he doc who had it x-rayed straight away and it turns out it was broken but thankfully appears to be healing OK - and most thankfully no furtehr damage was done by us not knowing and giving him two days of bouncy castle party only a few days after he broken it! I feel terrible for not insisting they x-rayed it when he did it, the poor boy was in a lot of pain but I took the medics word for it and went along with their reassurance that it was OK and left having been made to feel like a neurotic mother angry I don't want to complain as such just make a point.

Dh is better (hooray!) and we have a couple of friends coming to play this morning so I'd better get myself showered and dressed.
I plan to wear my new size 12 jeans grin

BiancaCastafiore Thu 21-Aug-08 08:39:13

shock I had missed news of your leak saga, sounds like a nightmare!

sagacious Thu 21-Aug-08 08:39:54

b congrats on the size 12's ! smile

littlemissloopy Thu 21-Aug-08 08:41:46

Morning ladies smile

Lucysmam I really don't know if the 3 for 2 offer is in store too, it definately is online though smile

Thanks mad smile I think something just clicks in their heads regarding potty training, they either get it or they just don't! I definatley think all children grasp it at different ages too. As my dad always says....they all get there eventually...you don't see many teenagers in nappies now do you! (bizarre line of thought but I know where he is comming from grin)

Well it is absolutely pouring down today (suprise suprise sad)
The health visitor is visiting today for DD2's 3 year check, then I have to go to town (not looking forward to that in this weather!)

Have to blitz the house quickly before she arrives (have a living room floor absolutely covered in Lego!)

TheMadHouse Thu 21-Aug-08 08:42:32

Bainca Poor DS that is terrible. sadCongratulations on the size 12 smile

Sag Insurance should cover it. Our planks are laid the same way too - sho we will have the same issues - whole ground floor done in wood

BiancaCastafiore Thu 21-Aug-08 08:42:53

grin thanks saga

BiancaCastafiore Thu 21-Aug-08 08:44:53

Thanks TMH grin
My ds loved being x-rayed this week though, probably more than he would've when he was in such pain at the time. The lady working the machine was so friendly and showed us lots of x-rays so ds could identify different bones etc

littlemissloopy Thu 21-Aug-08 08:48:53

oh x-posts...morning bianca smile

Your poor DS sad My DS broke his collar bone when he was about 11 months. He climbed out of the cot and landed awkwardly. We whisked him off to A&E and luckily they x-rayed him immediatley.
TBH though, they couldn't do anything! Collar bones are in such a place that they can't support it so we just had to give him calpol for thepain sad
In that respect you did nothing detrimental to the bone...they do just heal on their own accord.
It really is not on that they didn't x-ray straight away....even as routine....collar bone fractures are very common and it is an easy bone to fracture too.
I would be quite cross too TBH....you just need to know in the first instance, then you know what has happened and how best to help it heal/fight the pain.
I hope the letter goes well smile

littlemissloopy Thu 21-Aug-08 08:50:49

p.s congrats on the size 12! envy grin

littlemissloopy Thu 21-Aug-08 08:52:05

saga 4 grand shock I hope the insurance will cover that....what a faff!

Legoleia Thu 21-Aug-08 08:56:12

Morning all, will join you for today, if I may!

So far, DC have done painting which I need to tidy up, washing needs hanging out, washing up needs doing, floor needs sweeping, cot needs re-making (after a good clean) - that's enough to be going on with methinks. Writing it down and knowing I can come back and brag lends a kind of enthusiasm to the task!

wink

littlemissloopy Thu 21-Aug-08 08:59:20

Hi Legoleia smile Your name is very fitting as our house is covered in Lego ATM! I think my DH is going through some weird mid life crisis....he has bought absolutely tons of the stuff....I'm talking crazy amounts!
It has kept everybody entertained though, which has been a saviour this holiday with all this pap weather.

BiancaCastafiore Thu 21-Aug-08 09:02:48

Loopy I know there's nothing they could've done anyway, but just knowing could have made it easier to look after him. I am more annoyed by the way they spoke to me as though I had rushed him in over nothing "Children fall over all the time, you don't have to rush them in here striaght after every fall" angry It was 6 hours later and he was still in a lot of pain I have never bothered with MIU before, I knew this was a differnt cry of pain to a normal bump.

Still not dressed, better go and get on.
Back later x

Legoleia Thu 21-Aug-08 09:05:24

Hi Loopy - thanks! I think your name would also suit me at the moment!

Will actually get off MN this time!

lucysmam Thu 21-Aug-08 09:20:04

Morning everyone smile

Sag wow@ £4grand!!!! lets hope your insurers are quicker than mine were with the cooker claim!

You reminded me that I need to hassle ring landlord's agent again to find out why we haven't had copies of reportss from plumber/sparky after the second flood. We're waiting for them to get our claim for living room carpet sorted so thank-you for mentioning it smile

morning Legoleia painting at this hour of the morning??? bit brave!!

Mad happy packing

Bianca I'd make a point of complaining, he's only a kid, they should have made sure!

Loopy no worries, I'll have a look online n see what I can get

Well nothing done so far today, lo woke at 10pm and didn't go back to sleep until 3am so me and oh are knackered! She however, is as bright as a button n ready to take on the world. Mil is taking her in a bit though so we're going to get some tunes on and paper the back hallway.

That does mean though that we can't try out the new playgroup up the road to see what its like sad

TO DO TODAY

brekky
pots
dressed & washed
pack lo's bag for mil
netto list
walk to netto
bake biccys
paper back hall (read as supervise oh)
strip lo's bed
swap toys over to try and find something she does want to play with

so, off for another cuppa and brekky now!

RubyRioja Thu 21-Aug-08 09:21:08

Hi
quick one for Lucysmam - if your baby wristband and are too yucky to keep - coudl you photograph them (use macro setting if you have one) so you have some momento?

Got to whizz, bbl

lucysmam Thu 21-Aug-08 09:23:31

Ruby good thinking! will add that to my list and give it a go thank-you smile

scattyspice Thu 21-Aug-08 09:39:41

Morning all.

Its sunny (hooray!!)

Today we're off to cycle along the sea front (DS has turned into a mad keen cyclist lol), then visit aquarium (we have annual pass).

To do:
laundry
shop list
calendar and p/w.
Catch up with thread.

Jas Thu 21-Aug-08 09:57:30

*HUUUUUGE thread alreadyshock

Thanks and grin @ the title.

Yes, lucysmam fleece blanket would be perfect.smile

So far I have put all dps tools from the car into the cupboard under the stairs, and washed uphmm DDs have gone to their activity now, so I'm going to do 15 mins in each room downstairs and report back about 10o/c. If I do well I will allow myself to read what I've missed.

Jas Thu 21-Aug-08 09:58:04

Bugger. Tis 10 already....back at 11 then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now