Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my loo clean?

(13 Posts)
murphyslaw Wed 20-Aug-08 18:48:24

above the water mark is pristine below is a different matter. I have a grey scale substance built up and have tried scrubbing and it still doesnt come off. We have a septic tank so I have to be careful about what I use. Any suggestions?

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 18:49:44

soda crystals?

Limescale remover?

Bleach?

LilRedWG Wed 20-Aug-08 18:49:47

I uses Jeyes Kleen Off (their spelling, not mine) and I've just checked the box - it'ssafe for use in septic tanks. It's very good at removing scale build up.

LilRedWG Wed 20-Aug-08 18:51:20

These are them. I got them from Tesco I think (or maybe another supermarket).

bethoo Wed 20-Aug-08 18:55:45

i used powerzone under the rim stuff and it cleaned the water mark and below, it was amazing as i tend to neglect it.

mrsruffallo Wed 20-Aug-08 18:56:57

Pour a large bottle of coke into the bowl and leave over night
cLEAN THE NEXT MORNING IT WILL BE GLEAMING

herbietea Wed 20-Aug-08 18:59:18

Message withdrawn

herbietea Wed 20-Aug-08 18:59:53

Message withdrawn

LIZS Wed 20-Aug-08 19:00:39

Domestos in the black and green bottle

MrsStig Wed 20-Aug-08 19:03:09

My sister told me you need to take the water out......but don't syphon itgrin- gloves on, and scoop out water with a container. That way product (which ever you choose) won't be diluted, and will work more efectively.

murphyslaw Wed 20-Aug-08 19:18:34

thanks everyone - I will try the coke tonight as I have a bottle already in the kitchen. I will let you know how it goes!!! wink

AbstractMouse Wed 20-Aug-08 19:43:40

I use an old mop to get all of the water out of the bowl then use loads of limescale remover. We get really bad limescale in this area and it soon builds up I'm so lax

murphyslaw Tue 26-Aug-08 10:45:46

Oh my god - my loo turned brown! Ended up with an (old) tooth brush and a bottle of ajax before my guests turned up!! I did use diet coke not sure if that matters? blush

Anyway about half of the staining has come off - need to try something else!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now