Talk

Advanced search

All you flyladies, how do i get started?!!!

(8 Posts)
zooby Wed 20-Aug-08 13:11:42

Hi, i am very disorganised & like most mums, life is very hectic & the house comes last on the 'to do' list!

I feel guilty doing chores when i should be (& want to be) spending time with the kids, hence the house has become very cluttered & neglected over the last few years!sad

So when i stumbled upon the flylady website, i thought i'd found the answer to my household woes. Maybe i'm just incredibly obtuse, but i thought i'd registered, but i've never received any emails....can anyone guide a thickie like me through the registration process?!!!blush

Also does the flylady method actually work? Please tell me your experiences as i need to know it is worthwhile before i pin my hopes on flylady againhmm

Thanks, z, a wannabe flybaby!

cafebistro Wed 20-Aug-08 13:17:47

Ive just started to do flylady. I havent officially registered as apparently they bombard you with loads of emails everyday.
What I did was go on to the fly thread on MN and introduce yourself....you can ask other flybabies of there about questions you may have.
After that I went on to the flylady website and read loads of info about it in general and then started babysteps.

lucysmam Wed 20-Aug-08 13:22:56

i didn't register for the e-mails either because i already get loads. use the links on the fly thread & then register if you don't mind being bombarded with loads of emails.

baby-steps are a good way to get started although I didn't stick them out past morning routine but they do get you into a routine so things get done.

flylady does work but you have to stick at it, it helps declutter junk and get your home tidy and keep it that way smile

FAQ Wed 20-Aug-08 13:26:39

zooby - I need to get organised again - and was considering trying flylady (again) - I'll join you if you like smile

EustaciaVye Wed 20-Aug-08 13:40:12

Start with babysteps and join [[ http://www.flylady.net/join.asp]]

EustaciaVye Wed 20-Aug-08 13:44:25

sorry, join here

System works if you take it slowly and do as you're told grin

picklepie555 Wed 20-Aug-08 20:51:30

I too would say it's worked for me. 2 months ago I too was worried about how little time I would have to spend with the kids if I was to keep the house clean and tidy. But how wrong I could be. Using these methods (I bought the book and read at my leisure, but you don't need to, its all on the website anyway, i just like to read in bed). I have never had so much free time to play and take the kids here there and everywhere (we've done something special everyday - its been wonderful) and everyday we've come home to a nice clean house. I'm keeping on top of the laundry and I'm more organised with dates and appointments than I've ever been. I love coming downstairs after putting kids to bed to a clutter free front room, that I can truly relax in. I was feeling like it wasn't working a few weeks ago, but i kept with it, just doing babysteps...then somehow it just clicked and now I'm just maintaining the clean and tidyness by investing a couple 15mins sessions a day, and one day a week i do about double that.
Keep on decluttering and thinking of all those places you daren't go cos you know its just a breeding ground for junk and set the timer and go at it for 15 mins....and chuck it out!!! (or freecycle/ebay!)
Good luck smile
<< reads over above and realises this sounds like one of those corny testimonial emails>>....sorry about that blush

FAQ Wed 20-Aug-08 21:10:16

btw - if you want to do a quick (organised) tidy-up (as it's so bad you can't bear to wait to start building up the baby steps) the crisis cleaning on the flylady website is really good just to get it sort of ok - obviously if you don't follow the baby steps chances are it'll end up awful again but it at least gets you on the right track

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now