Talk

Advanced search

Storage solutions - help needed

(8 Posts)
janx Wed 20-Aug-08 10:39:52

I really need to sort out dds room and get some good storage - but on a budget. Anyone got any super ideas for all the toys etc

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 10:42:55

cheap plastic lidden containers for everything.

The ones in DS's room came from Ikea and are transparant so he can see what is in each opne.

Big ones under the bed for big sets (train set, farm set etc.) and varying sizes on shelves for everything else.

Lego in stacked plastic drawers I got form Staples.

White plant pots for felt-tips, crayons, pencils etc.

Wooden mini-drawrers (again from Ikea) for other small sets and bits and bobs.

etc etc

MatBackFack Wed 20-Aug-08 10:43:12

I have really got into Trugs recently - you know the large plastic bucket things that squash up so you can hold them by the handles. I think they were designed for gardening originally. I have one cars, one for lego etc etc. About a fiver from Tescos, Sainsburys etc.

As I have said on another thread, I think they might be considered poncy - Waitrose - Tarquin - on MN - but I am at peace with it.

claricebeansmum Wed 20-Aug-08 10:43:54

Ikea is a good start.

Homebase have big pull out boxes that go under beds.

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 10:44:49

Organise the toys so sets are together and everything is easy for your DD to get out, and more importantly, put away herself.

Make sure all shelves are low level and can be reached independantly by her (unless there are things you want to keep high up, I keep DS's puzzles high up as I hate the mess they make!grin)

Throw out any broken toys.

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 10:45:39

I use the trugs too for DS's cars and other vehicles.

janx Wed 20-Aug-08 10:57:54

Thanks - I will look out for Trugs - what i need is for dd to stop dragging everything through the house shock - and to be able to have storge units that she can reach. I bought a good one for all her art stuff (for which she has loads) which is currently under the dining table - think I might get another for her bedroom. Good idea with see through drawers

picklepie555 Wed 20-Aug-08 21:08:57

we got one of these for £20 its good value, we've had one for a year or so now and its lasting really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now