Wednesday Fly - Anti-Procrastination Day

(46 Posts)
TheMadHouse Wed 20-Aug-08 08:22:46

Morning all

Mission

babysteps

TheMadHouse Wed 20-Aug-08 08:26:55

Morning all

Ruby Good luck for the interview and pants about the screen and back.

No need to do the mission again this morning.

Morning routine done
Porridge is cooling

We are off to soft play this morning

I need to:

Ironing
Hoover upstairs
Packing list
Clear fridge
See if Mum will have boys tomorrow PM so I can pack the car and the clothes etc in peace

Jas Wed 20-Aug-08 08:37:15

Morning TMH

Thanks for the threadsmile

I need to start packing and clean out the car so I can load it all up on Friday.

BiancaCastafiore Wed 20-Aug-08 08:45:26

Morning

TMH Thanks for the thread, Enjoy soft play
Jas hope some £ comes in soon x Where are you off to on Friday?

I am finding I'm generally keeping on top of things around the house. It was a disaster zone until teh kids went to their holiday club for a couple of hours each day last week but thanlfully that gave me time to catch up and I've been able to maintain it ever since.
I am mostly dreadful at keeping up on here though!

Dh has a sickness bug so is going to be off work at home today. Ds is supposed to be having a friend to play..not sure whether to still have him round or not...

We're away over the weekend at a festival (working) so I have various bits to organise for that today.

I am also on a mission to find myself a new pair of jeans so am expecting various pairs in the post today grin

Hope everyone is well

RubyRioja Wed 20-Aug-08 09:24:37

Hello!

Well screen works for short periods - I think cooling fan is busted and it overheats. Need to replace, but I need my MN fix grin.

Back is miles better (though am full of painkillers). Am suited and booted ready for interview with a few mins to spare.

Thanks for concernsmile. But for your own safety, consider going commando!
bbl!

EustaciaVye Wed 20-Aug-08 09:27:05

Morning all.

Glad you feel a bit better Ruby.

Jas - sorry money is so tight.

Morning routine done.

Playdate cancelled so I have no idea what to do with the kids today. I seem to take them shopping into town everytime I'm stuck but it is working out a bit expensive hmm grin

RubyRioja Wed 20-Aug-08 09:31:49

What weathr like EV?

scattyspice Wed 20-Aug-08 09:34:47

Hi all.
Ruby good luck at interview.
EV I am spending more than anticipated too due to the rain.
Madhouse have fun at soft play (I think we'llhave to do that nxt wk if rain persists).
Bianca sometimes its impossible to keep up with threads, just pop in and out.
jas good luck with the holiday prep.

Today
Swimming
Take DH to hosp appt
Landry (have reached the bottom of the laundry skip - its grim!)
Ironing
Tel sister
Try not to get headache!

BiancaCastafiore Wed 20-Aug-08 09:35:09

Good luck today Ruby

EV Hope you find something to do today.

Ds is now going to play at a friends so dd and I are thinking about going into town shopping....I'm sure I'll end up parting with plenty of £s too! We don't have much around here for a wet day - the nearest soft play place is 15miles away and will be hellishly busy on a day like today.

EustaciaVye Wed 20-Aug-08 09:36:29

Grey and might rain Ruby....

RubyRioja Wed 20-Aug-08 09:39:06

Do you have flour, salt, colouring and cream of tartar? - If so play dough (hours of mess fun) add glitter or rice for texture. Hand cream for interesting smells.

Pack of felt pens and old t shirts (get them to decorate) then take photos

Large piece card and old catalogue - make up 'house' with contents or xmas wish list.

Bottle bubble bath - stick them in tub for an hour with kitchen utensils grin

Any good?

BiancaCastafiore Wed 20-Aug-08 09:45:17

Oh yes, I recommend the "Large piece card and old catalogue - make up 'house' with contents or xmas wish list" idea We like that one. Dd esp likes doing it where we draw a person/family and cut them out outfits from old Next directories etc...I may do taht with dd later today actually, had forgotton how much she enjoys that Thanks Ruby.

lucysmam Wed 20-Aug-08 10:06:51

good morning ladies smile

Mad have fun at soft play this morning, wish there was more like that that i could get to round here!

Jas sorry i mentioned money now, feel a bit bad sad

Bianca sorry to hear about DH, hope he's feeling better soon!

EV i like the idea of the xmas wish list, i used to have hours of fun doing that when there was nothing else to do (think i may even try it with my catalogue and make a list for oh this year grin )

scatty hope you don't get headache

Ruby hope interview goes well & your back's better! If not, ralgex or deep heat work a treat but you'd have to spray a bit before interview to avoid smelling like a bloke

well i'm up, not dressed and nothing done so far apart from lo's part of morning routine. feel quite sicky this morning so guna get another shower and then bake biccys and bread and organise my cupboard in the kitchen.

bedroom is one huge mission this week but is starting to look better and my pile of paperwork is getting smaller as it gets filed away properly so will carry on pottering my way around the house and they will be done completely by end of week.

not quite sure what else to do, may declutter some more and ebay although I don't think I'll make the £60 of the rent money I wanted to by next friday so don't think we'll be going out sad but may have enough for a nice meal and bottle of vino wink wink [nudge] [nudge]

cafebistro Wed 20-Aug-08 10:12:28

Morning everyone! smile
Day 9 of babysteps today! Ive started writing in my new control journal < proud look>!! Although so has DS...mmmm!!

Today I have to venture out to the shops for ingredients to make a birthday cake for DS, he'll be 3 tomorrow!
Also a bit of ironing and try and tidy/declutter my room a bit.

Everyone have a nice day smile

islandofsodor Wed 20-Aug-08 11:19:50

Morning all.

Due to various things I didn't progress further with Babysteps in the last month but tried to keep with the ones I already achieved. The last few days I carried on so am now at Day 18

Morning routine done

15 mins of ironing done

Mission going to do now

New Babystep - Read 11 commandments printing off now

What's for Lunch Fish & veg ready for oven

Wash new bedding ready for Friday *not done*

I've been working from home a bit today, had a few phone calls and we also have dneice with us today.

After lunch I need to leave ds and dneice with dh and take dd shopping for school shoes, dress and PE T-shirt plus pick up a bookbag for ds who starts reception in 2 weeks. Ds already has new shoes (he needed them for a wedding last week) and most logo stuff etc is being handed down from dd.

GOOD LUCK RUBY

littlemissloopy Wed 20-Aug-08 11:28:56

Hidilly Ho Neighbours smile

(don't mind me...the kids have simpsons on grin)

I haven't been on for a while so haven't really had a chance to catch up but hope all are well.

We have been kitting the kids out for September...only a couple of weeks left now until they go back....this holiday has flown by!
Still waiting for new school bags to arrive in the post.

House is doing ok really considering. Need to hoover and clean the toilets.

DD2 is now completely toilet trained smile smile smile
She just got the hang of it in literally 2 days and now is dry day and night!! I was dreading it but she has been absolutely wonderful smile She has even cracked pooing on the loo!! My other two were not so straight forward but she has been a little star!

Right better get off, kids are in need of a drink and a snack!

BBL x

rowingboat Wed 20-Aug-08 12:03:41

Hi everyone
Hi other babysteppers!
Just rushing in to say hi and GOOD LUCK RUBY!
Don't take the commando thing too far though, no crawling under cargo nets during the interview. grin

Have just finished morning stuff - blooming RAIN!!! Everything's soggy and damp.

Done so far
hotspots
kitchen rescue
mini washingup
hoover sitting room
dust sitting room
bathroom s&s
brek
vitamins
dressed
lunch
laundry hung
laundry dried
laundy folded
more laundry in
Bit of a laundry theme here this morning
babystep day 28

To do
About to go out to shops and library with the LO and wellies
2 mins reminders

Then work!
Back later - can't wait to see how Ruby got on.

rowingboat Wed 20-Aug-08 12:08:46

I did manage the run yesterday, so next one's Thursday, but I can't seem to find that exercise thread Greyskull recommended. If you are there Greyskull, could you tell me where to find it please! smile

EustaciaVye Wed 20-Aug-08 12:31:05

Thanks eveyrone. We went out to nearby town and I bought DD some much needed socks (she ran out this morning), took them to a cafe and they shared a gingerbread cow so were very happy.

I honestly cant be bothered with play doh or anything involving glue at the moment. I suppose that makes me a shockingly bad mummy but I cant face the mess. Have a headache and last thing I feel like is untangling glue/play doh covered hair. We did the xmas list the other day - was great fun

Bit of tv now while I make lunch and then not sure about this afternoon.

Everything crossed for your interview ruby

RubyRioja Wed 20-Aug-08 13:11:40

Hi, am back
Interview/chat went q well I thought. Not even a twinge grin.I can imagine competition will be tough (interesting part time job with flexible hours!) so am starting on my presentation right now!

Anyone who knows anything about grants/lottery money/fundraising, I'd love to hear about it. I think I'll start a thread too!

Well done LML on the potty training - think of the £savings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<RR gets head down writing presentation>>

rowingboat Wed 20-Aug-08 13:12:43

Eustacia, I know what you mean. The LO asked for the magic sand (hidden in cupboard) and I really couldn't face magic sand carpet.shock
It's really tipping down here - we went to the library and it's closed!!! So trudged home. There is industrial action here and the school's are closed as well - only went back on Tuesday. shock

Shannaratiger Wed 20-Aug-08 13:56:05

Afternoon all

The heating system has been emptied and cleaned. The bloke then filled it back up because he didn't think we would manage with no hot water until tomorrow evening (he's not the one fitting the new boiler tomorrow so won't have to empty it again) grin
Jas hope you manage to get some money for your holiday. The only reason we're so skint is because we're rubbish with money / budgeting. sad
Ruby glad your back's feeling a bit better and the interview went well.

Hello to everyone else, have to go and put everything back into the airing cupboard now. sad

Have a good afternoon
BBL

TheMadHouse Wed 20-Aug-08 14:50:17

EV I often find the concern over getting the paint of playdough out worse than the actual mess they make grin

Ruby I will keep my fingures crossed for you

Scatty I know I am hoping for better weather we are off camping on Friday hmm

Jas Only spening money we have is DH expenses and hopefully some ebay items - fingures crossed

We had a great time at soft play and DS2 is upstairs napping nad DS1 has fallen asleep in the conservatory infront of the oplymics

I have cleaned all the tops in the kitchen

I am off up to do the ironing next
15 mins in DS1s room

grouchyoscar Wed 20-Aug-08 15:22:59

Howdy Doodly Doo to you all

Just got back in from our day out. I took Ed to see a steam train a Leeds Station but, we only got there in time to see it setting off. Ed was OK about it as he was pleased by getting soaked in the City Square fountains. The sarnie and cookie at Subway really cheered him up then it was off home to get his uniform.

Next door neighbours kids were awfully rude to him/me when we got back. I am totally fed up with the whole family ATM. I am far from normal but hell I'm acceptable.

Off to build cheapo Wilko Lego with him now so BBL. Hope you're all well andhaving a good time.

Hope the interview went well Ruby*

TheMadHouse Wed 20-Aug-08 17:02:42

Okaly doakaly ladies

I have done the ironing - yes
Polished DS1 and 2's room

To DO

Put ironing away

We have also been painting all afternoon, made catapillars and then butterflys. Boys have really enjoyed it and are just watching beebies whist I tidy and do dinner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now