Advanced search

Tuesday FLY - Ruby Tuesday again

(30 Posts)
TheMadHouse Tue 19-Aug-08 08:30:52

Morning

Mission

babysteps

TheMadHouse Tue 19-Aug-08 08:47:21

Well ladies I dont have to do the mission again - flying is really working for me.

Plans for today, to go out for coffee with friend this morning and my boys, then we will see.

Weather is pants again - rain rain go away

scattyspice Tue 19-Aug-08 08:57:08

Mornin Mad.

Re the Mission - Me too me too grin!!
Have a nice coffee. We're going into town to see Space chimps (or something hmm) at the pictures.

To Do:
Laundry laundry
Ironing.

Jas Tue 19-Aug-08 08:57:28

Morningsmile

We're off out for the day, but I will be trying to finish dd2s room of before and after...

EustaciaVye Tue 19-Aug-08 09:16:02

Morning. I'm working through laundry atm that built up when we were away. All piles will be put away by tonight.

Morning routine all done except for hotspot so I'll go and do that while I get DDs swim stuff.

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 09:20:52

Morning Mad , Scatty & Jas and everyone else smile

its a horrid, cold, rainy day here so not going out until 3 for my appointment at half past in town sad

Mission definately needs doing here, piles on top of td to sort so will be doing that!

TO DO:
brekky pots
make sauce for tea
wash oh's footy stuff again hmm
finish small shopping list for mil
finish budget (20mins)
finish sorting paperwork (as long as it takes)
finish ebaying
beat up my lo for not sleeping again

Can't think of much else, not in a bad state still so just general pottering today keeping on top of things. Have a small list for town to write as well at some point before I go.

Mad have a nice coffee and chat with your friend, none of mine will venture out for anything in this weather!
Scatty enjoy the film, I thought it looked like it may be amusing
Jas enjoy your day out smile

right, i'm off to get something done, have a good un all, bbl xx

TheMadHouse Tue 19-Aug-08 09:22:12

EV Are you feeling better?

Shannaratiger Tue 19-Aug-08 09:25:04

Morning all

Morning routine is almost done, except DD is not dressed and has been sent to her room angry
Tomorrow we are having the heating system drained so they will need access to all rooms and radiators, so today being spent tidying and clearing access to the radiators, including the airing cupboard and hallway. hmm Thursday the new boiler is being instaled so probably no hot water for 2 days. sad
Weather looks wet here all morning, might get abit of sun pm so am escaping as soon as the sun appears.
TMH and scattyspice I haven't got any clean clothes to put away either, only the pile of bags waiting to go to the clothes bank when we stop being lazy and doing tesco shop on line. grin Isn't it nice when the flying's starting to work.
Jas have fun out and hope you get dd's room sorted.

Hello to everyone who follows, hope you all have a good day.
BBL

Shannaratiger Tue 19-Aug-08 09:30:13

x post hello ev & tmh
lucy thanks for reminding me I need to sort out the finances as well. We are spending loads more than we're earning. Had to use some of the savings and haven't even started shopping for dd & ds's birthday and christmas although ds's new bed will have to be a big part of his present.

EustaciaVye Tue 19-Aug-08 09:34:54

Yes thanks Mad. Just tired now.

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 10:33:17

Shannar we're just managing on literally what we earn. Got rid of credit cards 2 years ago n not had one since. Washer and dryer and laptop are on credit but that's it or we'd never have afforded them.

I just thought buying a little bit every week and finding out what we already have in the house would save us a fortune around the time/leave us more for a night out together grin

Am just off to start my sauce for tea tonight, wash pots and general tidy up in kitchen although I've no idea how I'm going to get the cherryade stain out of the worktop that oh got on there last night!

sagacious Tue 19-Aug-08 11:00:25

morning!
am typing from the living room on my new snazzy laptop!Feels very odd I normally sneak upstairs to the study !

Today we're off out to see friends in the afternoon.

This morning I want to:

Load and run d/w
Put whites in w/m on line
Put away stuff drying on rads
Shower
Sort out paperwork in study (this is from yesterday)
Post DD's ballet form/cheque

BBL

Shannaratiger Tue 19-Aug-08 11:32:57

Jas thank you soo much for the FLYladyuk link, I'm now getting reminders at teh correct time. grin

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 12:37:40

hello again all smile

how are everyone's days going?

I'm off to get showered and ready to go out in a bit i think even though i don't need to leave until quarter to 3 ish.

do need to mop kitchen floor at some point today . . . it's the one job that always gets forgotten so am giving myself a computerised kick up the ass to do it tonight!

not done a lot else really, just pottering. Have sorted a little book to keep track of xmas pressies and spending/saving and shopping list though so we're organised for a change.

rowingboat Tue 19-Aug-08 13:18:34

Hello everyone
it's not raining here, so I am about to go for the first run!! This time with the LO in the pram - likes that! Rather than having to keep stopping and starting.
Kind of doing routine, but mainly making a stack of phone calls

Done so far
hotspots 2 of 3
washing up
kitchen rescue
laundry hung
new load of laundry in
phone swimming pool about lessons
phone cheap cafe about times
remove huge labels from vertbaudet clothing
vits
phone to arrange coffee with friend

Still need to do
get dressed to shoes LO
hotspot by door
bag to charity shop
run
go to pool with LO to do a reccy/familiarise
get DP's birthday aftershave and write down other small pressies for stocking
lunch me
weigh parcel
arrange coffee with other friend - email

Feeling a bit stressy at the moment, so need to get out on run to clear head.

Email

cafebistro Tue 19-Aug-08 13:24:08

Hi Everyone smile
Well the visit from the in laws is going better than expected.
Day 8 of babysteps today.
Went shopping yesterday and bought myself a new book to use as a control journal, DP asked what it was for but looked at me like I was mad when I tried to explain! grin

TheMadHouse Tue 19-Aug-08 14:37:43

Afternoon all

I have had a lovley morning out with friend and the boys. I even managed to get a dressing gown for DS1 for £3.

DH has just supprised me by getting home, so it will be a nice afternoon.

DS2 is napping

To DO

Dinner
Ironing
More listing on e-bay
Paperwork hotspot
packing list for camping
Shopping list
home blessing
zone clean

grouchyoscar Tue 19-Aug-08 15:02:55

Hello ALL

Cheers for the thread TMH
Got to sort out finances here too Lucys & Scatty

Planned to have a quiet duvet day but Ed's mate came round and they played indoors. Guess who has been picking up after them...Jeez what a mess. He came back round again and they managed to trash Ed's room. It needs a good tidy but I'm not doing it now or on my own. I had to tidy the bathroom after them anyway.

I've been vinegar happy. I've wiped all the white goods in the kitchen and cleaned the downstairs door handles too.

I can't believe it's so late in the day. Ed is curled in the armchair watching Huckley Pig so I thought I'd grab some MN time

scattyspice Tue 19-Aug-08 15:32:46

Hi all.
GO the bonus of having DS entertained for a while is undone by the clean up huh?
lucy good for you for sorting out finances (I need to do this hmm)
cafe I wouldn't attempt to explain flylady to DH he'd thinkI was nuts lol.

Back from town. Film was quite good (in a kids kind of way). Had a quick peek in H&M while in town, lovely Autumn/winter clothes hmm.

Right back to the laundry.

grouchyoscar Tue 19-Aug-08 15:52:49

Scatty I have to go through a box of lego and sort out what bits belong to what set (sorry pedants for being incorrect gramatically)

Should be torturous fun

RubyRioja Tue 19-Aug-08 16:10:00

Hi all
I disappeared yesterday having put my back out puttin on a pair of knickers! Clearly undies are dangerous things.

Had to call DH to come home (Whilst face down on floor!). NB DH has never left work to help with children and dd1 is 9, so that shows you how painful it was.

Gradually easing up, thank goodness as first part of interview tomorrow!

Am full of painkillers, but any advice on short term pain relief that won't make me look drunk very welcome!

Sounds like everyone doing fabulously. Am a bit envious. After 24 hours on all fours in bed wink, the house does not look too pretty!

lucysmam Tue 19-Aug-08 19:13:03

lol Ruby i didn't know undies were so dangerous. My oh plays footy and uses a spray called 'Ralgex' and one called 'Deep Heat' on pulled/sore muscles and I've used it a few times. Works a treat at easing discomfort but you might have to spray a good hour or 2 before you go for 1st part of interview as otherwose you'll smell like an antiseptic-ey bloke! it does gradually heat up and then goes away though after a while n might help you a bit. haven't a clue how much it is though, never paid attention!

finances looking shocking here atm!! £40 left over every week for top-ups of food/nappies is all we have left after everything paid for. Have started xmas shopping today though, spent £2 on a humongous floor puzzle for lo and putting the other £3 out of my fiver away for xmas food shopping or other pressies nearer the time.

grouchy i'm still intrigued . . . what kind of vinegar are you using? and does it actually work?

rowingboat did you have a good run and clear your head?

I'm just off back in the shower, feel quite yuk this evening so thought it may make me feel a bit better. Also, am going to mop kitchen floor afterwards since i've actually remembered. other than that, chilling watching 'emmerdale' n playing on the www. again

see you all tomorrow, tata xx

Bewilderbeast Tue 19-Aug-08 20:12:19

evening all

have had a very odd day plus feel grim and icky dp is in a shitty mood which is really not helping and ds is poorly and has been crying and screaming since about 5.30pm without much respite

done

washing hung up
living room tidied
bed made
ds dropped at granny's and picked up again
deep scrutinisation of family financial situation undertaken

RubyRioja Tue 19-Aug-08 20:33:33

screen busted
may not be back for a while
miss yooooooooooooooooooooo

Bewilderbeast Tue 19-Aug-08 21:15:25

ruby sad don't be gone too long

done
kitchen tidied
kitchen surfaces cleaned
kitchen floor swept

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now