Talk

Advanced search

how do you clean your loo?

(18 Posts)
Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 18:18:53

am all ears

LIZS Mon 18-Aug-08 18:19:56

Dettol wipes for seat, lid and outside bowl and Domestos (the new black/green one)

maidamess Mon 18-Aug-08 18:20:05

I spray the seat and all around the top, and wipe off with kitchen roll. I do this approximately 20 times a day, as I have 2 boys.

I bleach down and scrub with a brush whenever the skidoos appear.

Lazarou Mon 18-Aug-08 18:20:28

Spray it with flash bathroom spray, wipe clean. Then squeeze toilet frish or toilet duck under rim, leave for a bit, then flush. Then take a fresh brush and clean the pan. Flush again.

And you?

GivePeasAChance Mon 18-Aug-08 18:22:11

Generally wipe over with anti-bac spray and bog roll when the boys in the bath. Followed by a swish of bleach. Can't imagine that this is the correct way so will read thread with interest.

beansmum Mon 18-Aug-08 18:23:27

I wipe the seat, lid and outside with a washable cloth and hot soapy water. Bleach (pink domestos, because it matches the walls in case I forget to put it away) and scrub with brush inside when it looks like it needs it.

FrannyandZooey Mon 18-Aug-08 18:25:30

ditto beansmum wipe outside with washable cloth and hot soapy water
then swoosh bleach inside when necessary but never use a brush as are filthy filthy instruments of grossness

MehgaLegs Mon 18-Aug-08 18:26:43

On my hands and knees, everyday, muttering and swearing about the inability of two of my four sons to a)lift the seat b)pee into the bowl.

Our bathroom floor has a slight camber. Despite the loo being in the opposite corner to the door there is quite often a small rivulet of pee, culminating in a small puddle just inside the door. <<mutter, mutter bloody boys>>

maidamess Mon 18-Aug-08 18:27:36

You've just reminded me, I sprayed the kids loo seat earlier and I havent wiped it off yet...back in a tick.

elmoandella Mon 18-Aug-08 18:28:55

disposable toilet duck cleaner thing instead of brush (too many incident of dc waving the brush around)

spray and wipe seat, rim, lid with anti bac.

flush

gloop of bleach.

Twiglett Mon 18-Aug-08 18:30:46

have started dettoxing with toilet paper and flushing said toilet paper then washing hands with much care then bleaching

try to avoid brushes a la franny but use if must ... toilet brushes are foul (wondering if I'm missing a trick)

why do the chrome bits go green?
is it only male urine that collects under the seat and if so why should I have to wipe it off?
do men not realise loos need cleaning?
why did I get rid of my cleaner?

MehgaLegs Mon 18-Aug-08 18:34:01

We have had our new loo seat for just over two months. The chrome has already turned green. I have used that loo once. It is used by my boys and the occasional visitor. I don't think my visitors piss on the chrome.

I have forgotten how to spell visiters/ors. eek!

Pannacotta Mon 18-Aug-08 18:41:29

I never really know what to do about this as I like the way bleach gets things clean but hate how bad it is for the environment - it kills off marine life, so am very dubious about using it.
So our loos are not that pretty/sparkling with three males in the house!

yomellamoHelly Mon 18-Aug-08 18:49:37

Surprised there are no other greenies. I use water, washing up liquid and a glug of vinegar in a saucepan, then work from outside in. Tip all cleaning goop in to soak until next person uses loo. Clean toilet bowl by hand (wear gloves though). Cloth then goes in with nappy wash and wash gloves with soap and water.
Ds1 none too good on the aim either. Nor some of the guys that come round and use the facilities. What can you say though!?

Pannacotta Mon 18-Aug-08 18:54:32

That sounds more like it yomella, also good idea to wah the cloth with nappies, not too keen on washing a loo cloth otherwise.
Will try your gloop solution (have banned bleach from the house anyway)...

peanutbutterkid Mon 18-Aug-08 19:15:39

I am a complete slattern, I guess.
Have always wondered what other people do, tho.
60 second scrub with Borax, 1-3x/week. Wipe behind the seat with paper towel ¬1x/week. Only wipe seat if it looks like it needs it.
Vinegar treatment occasionally.
Don;t wear gloves, do wash hands throughly.
Little mop of floor if I can smell wee.

stofstg Tue 19-Aug-08 08:16:53

Like givepeasachance i clean the loo whilst ds is in the bath though this has led to me having to explain on a few occasions to the dreaded 'what are you doing' question and 'why?'. But yeah i use dettol spray on the seat and sides and rub with loo roll before squirting green toilet duck around the rim and flushing after quarter of an hour or so (i love the smell of green toilet duck lol).

FourArms Tue 19-Aug-08 08:53:44

Wipe down lid & seat (top and underside), outside of bowl, loo rim and floor surrounding loo with babywipes daily. Use Domestos 5X or whatever it's called each night. Use Domestos and brush if there are any marks in the loo. Weekly give the floor a good wipe round with babywipes, and fortnightly or so mop the floor thoroughly. Only two males currently using the loo, both with good aim. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now