Talk

Advanced search

A blardy cat has sprayed all over the pushchair-how the hell do I get rid of the stench?

(6 Posts)
missblythe Mon 18-Aug-08 09:23:37

I've taken the seat cover off and put it in the wash just now, but the hood got the worst of it, and that doesn't come off.

What can I do? Burn it and buy another one?
Or is there something less drastic?

OurHamsterisevil Mon 18-Aug-08 11:17:09

Go to your local vet and get some spray cleaner, pet shop ones won't work. It needs to be something strong. It won't be cheap. I work at a vets and ours is about £7 a bottle. But it works most of the time.

Good luck

kitkat9 Mon 18-Aug-08 19:36:15

make sure the cover is washed in biological powder otherwise the smell won't come out, you may need to do it a few times. perhaps soak first for a while, overnight if possible.

use the same stuff for the hood, maybe some baking soda mixed in would help.

can completely sympathise, it stinks!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 18-Aug-08 19:38:57

steam clean if you know anyone who has a steam cleaner or fill a bowl with bio washing powder and water and wash with that

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 18-Aug-08 19:43:23

Biological washing powder. The smell is due to hormones, hormones are a protein and proteins are broken up by the enzymes present in biological washing powder

missblythe Mon 18-Aug-08 21:15:20

The seat cover is out of the machine and much imporved, but the hood is getting WORSE!

Will take all your suggestions on board, and get scrubbing in the morning.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now