EHM Sat 16-Aug-08 07:38:15

Morning ALL

Looks like rain again!

EHM Sat 16-Aug-08 07:39:44

EV hope I haven't missed you have a fab break.smile

cafebistro Sat 16-Aug-08 08:40:40

Morning ! smile

Day 5 of babysteps today.
Ive lots of general tidying to do today as BIL and his wife are visiting for the week.
Unfortunately BIL's wife is also a friend of DP's ex wife! ( That could be a whole different thread!)

So the pressures on because she' be reporting back no doubt!

Also today I have to :

Clean DS room

Hang up the onions that have been picked from the garden to dry them out

Change beds

RubyRioja Sat 16-Aug-08 08:57:58

Morning
Out on the toot all day yesterday, so you can imagine how lovely my house looks!

Every room needs good tidy, so need to work methodically room to room so I don't break my neck on stray toys.

Did I miss anythign interesting?

TheMadHouse Sat 16-Aug-08 09:59:24

Morning all

EV Got your e-mail, but can not e-mail out for some reason.

I would love to get together, so will ring you - I learned to drive down south.

I have had a lovley lie in - yum.

We are off out to the gala at my brothers club today, after we have installed some bits in mums new bathroom.

Catch you all later

RubyRioja Sat 16-Aug-08 10:05:33

organisational disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new organised mum calenader has the months in the wrong order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMadHouse Sat 16-Aug-08 10:10:26

Oh I better check mine too

littlemissloopy Sat 16-Aug-08 11:31:54

Morning smile

Oh dear....I have checked my OM calendar and it seems ok....can you send it back Ruby*?

*CB
hope the week goes ok (sounds quite complicated!)

Mad hope you have a good time at the gala.

I have done NOTHING so far! I've only just got dressed blush
I've been watching the Olympics.
Britain got another gold in the mens rowing quartet, and a bronze for the mens and ladies in the rowing pairs.
Still a long way behind China though!!!!!!!! They have something like 23 odd gold medals!

Well it is really wet and windy here today. I need to go and do some shopping really, but the car is back in the garage (wheel bearings or something like that this time)

Kids all need new school trousers and shoes (EEEKKK I'm dreading that bill) they all need underwear as well....DD1 seems to go through socks like nobody's business!

Hope you all have a good day xx

Jas Sat 16-Aug-08 11:53:41

OM must exchange it for you Ruby That is mad!

I got school trousers and shoes in Asda LML The shoes were a major bargain...£4.50 a pairshock and nice as well!

DP is out shopping for food. I've done bathroom and kitchen but we've got nothing planned for the weekend. The dcs need a rest, and I need to tidy up.

The dds were supposed to have done their rooms today, so I'oll go and see how they look now.

littlemissloopy Sat 16-Aug-08 11:59:23

envy jas we don't have an Asda sad....or a Tesco....or any shop vaguely helpful really when it comes to cheap school stuff. I'm pinning my hopes on Woolworths, but it is only a small shop and stuff is usually quite limited.
We have Matalan, but I don't find them that good for school stuff TBH.
Brantano's is usually my first port of call for shoes....but they never have anything for under £10. We do have a shoe zone, which is cheaper but it is a complete hastle to get to.

littlemissloopy Sat 16-Aug-08 12:01:50

P.S....how do you get your OH to food shop!!!! ALONE!!!!! my dh has only ever shopped on his own about twice since we have been together!!! (I was in labour....or hospital on both ocassions)

cafebistro Sat 16-Aug-08 12:59:00

Well I havent managed to do much this morning as a friend was visiting! Have done DS's room though, its keeping it tidy thats the hard part!
Littlemissloopy - yes is a bit complicated...the story will probably come out in a pissed off rant one day.
Now have to go and sort out the onions before they rot ( damn this rain!)

rowingboat Sat 16-Aug-08 14:06:32

Hi all
I'm at work, but sending a fly email, just to check in.
Loopy grr at your car!
cafe remember to wear a cocktail dress full make and high heels for the 'report'. grin
Speak to you all later. smile

TheMadHouse Sat 16-Aug-08 17:12:54

Evening all

The boys have had a fab day and the rain has held off until now. DS1 came second in his race and he was the smallest (well apart from DS2, as there wasnt a race for 2 year olds)!!! I dont envy Bro and SIL though it finnished at 4.30 and the evening session starts at 5.30 and it tends to be a busy night as reulars get a free drink and in free.

DS2 is asleep in the car, DS1 is watching the olympics.

DH and DS1 put up all the loo roll holders, towel rails and cabinets etc up at my mothers. She held us up big style as still wasnt dressed and ready to go at 1.30 shock

Me and DS2 walked into the town centre that my mum lives in and got a couple of bargains at woolies. An animal globe for £6 for DS1 (Christmas) and a set of 10 solar powered lights for the garden reduced from £80 to £14. I am planning to pop one each side of the tent and we have put all of them in the garden.

lucysmam Sat 16-Aug-08 17:19:22

evening ladies, hope you've all had a good day!!

we've had a lovely day of peace and quiet as mil and fil took lo into town so we nipped up the road for a pint together. just about to peel spuds for mine and oh's tea and td his footy stuff ready for the first game of the season tomorrow morning.

Think we're going to watch Jumper tonight with a couple of beers then have an earlyish night as oh went out to his mates after we got in last night n is still hungover!!!

rowingboat tell me as much as you can about cloth nappies. Not checked yesterday's thread to see if you saw what I wrote on there but basically, I was thinking of investing in some as my lo is always constipated, leaves skids and wants changing when she does so i thought it may save some money rather than wasting nappies that aren't really dirty.

lucysmam Sat 16-Aug-08 17:25:19

have just read yesterdays thread, there's no incentive scheme or anything along those lines here unfortunately. I'm going to have a read of the link you posted yesterday after tea rowingboat & dyslmum are they ones I could pull up like the hugglies little walker type nappies as she's not liking nappy changes at all at the mo so are easier stood up!

rowingboat Sat 16-Aug-08 19:04:03

Hi everyone
Lucys I think you could get away with around four or five nappies per day with an 18 month old, would you still be using disps at night?
So you need 5 dry, 5 in the washing bucket and 5 drying - probably around 15. Depends how quickly they dry really. If you tumble or buy microfibre nappies they dry in an hour or something.
If she is just leaving skidmarks in the nappy and not peeing you might be able to just change the liner and put the nappy back on. Is she looking interested in the potty at all, in any shape or form? Just wondering how long until potty training.
If you want nappies that pull up, poppered nappies are good, because you can pull them up without unfastening them. The other options are velcro or a separate fastener. Velcro is rubbish for older babies, because rrrrrrippp and they undo the nappy. shock
Also look for nappy networks in your area, they often have trial packs. They are often not funded by the council and are run by volunteers.

lucysmam Sat 16-Aug-08 20:04:42

she has a potty rowingboat but plays with it at the moment rather than actually taking an interest iyswim? it's literally just skids most of the time & a complete waste of a nappy imo.

nappy networks? what are they? poppers sound good, velcro's no good anyway, she unfastens disp nappies within mins of a new one being put on unless trousers or shorts go straight back on anyways so wouldn't even think about velcro. am off to investigate nappies with poppers i think, see if i could afford some or not.

thanks for the info smile

TheMadHouse Sun 17-Aug-08 07:15:09

Morning all

Both boys are up, I think the torrential rain we are having hasnt helped.

They are playing in the conservatory with Peppa pig space rocket, which SIL and Bro got for DS2 grin

My kettle has broken - so I will need to have a trip to get another at some point.

I am letting DH have a lie in as he deserves it for putting up with his menopausal wifegrin

scattyspice Sun 17-Aug-08 07:46:38

Hi all.

I am back after a fantastic 2 weeks in Lakes (despite the rain). We had a great time, lots of fun, not too many arguments, plenty of fresh air (don't holidays totally take it out of you though lol!).
Haven't caught up with the threads but hope everyone is well.

Need to wash like a demon today, then sit down and plan what needs doing/buying before back to school!!

BBL.

Jas Sun 17-Aug-08 08:59:05

Hello again.smile

Lucysmam _ I have three Weenotions nappies for ds (2.6)which arre great. They are popper, so you could pull them up, all in one, so easy to put on if not used to re usables, and the outer bits dry really quickly so I can wash and reuse every day.
They are expensive, but I use microfibre (dries very quickly) or old terries (left over from dd1) to stuff them so I reckon I'm getting my moneys worth.

They are also very funky patternsgrin

Fleece liners are also worth getting, as you could just replace as rowingboat said and put the nappy back on.

Flamesparrow could give lots of advice if you want to email her and tell her what you are looking for... I can do you a link if you want.

FLY wise, I've not done much (again)

LML - I send dp with a shoppuing list. As the alternative is looking after all three children while I go, I think he has the easy optiongrin

lucysmam Sun 17-Aug-08 10:01:51

thanks Jas, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the info there is on t'internet tbh! I know I want something with poppers as she hasn't figured out how to undo them yet and something I could pull up if needed but other than that there's sooooo many different brands out there I'd never heard of until I started googling I have no idea where to start! Replacable (sp?) liners are also a definate must rather than wasting nappies!

Well today is chill with lo and potter round while oh is at footy day. So am going to bake a loaf of bread, make some apple sauce and some soup for tomorrows tea and just see what else I get around to doing as the house doesn't look in too bad a state for a change other than our bedroom which always looks a tip!

i'll bbl, off for a cuppa and to decide what to put in soup! ttfn, have a fab day all xx

Jas Sun 17-Aug-08 10:37:36

Just a thought, but would it be worth getting a few fleece liners and using them in your disps for now. Very cheap opttion to start with, or I have loads of paper ones I could send you for free....

lucysmam Sun 17-Aug-08 11:28:50

good thought Jas, yeah it may well be worth it. looking back now it would have been worth investing in one or two cloth nappies each payday but i didn't think about that, just not being able to afford lots in one go!! Am starting to wish I had done!

If you don't mind would you send me a couple of paper ones to try out and see what they're like? I assume they're available in mothercare/boots if they do the trick? thanks for the offer, it's much appreciated smile

TheMadHouse Sun 17-Aug-08 11:38:49

Morning

I have new kettle and dinner is on - just waitin to do the yorkshire.

TD is on - as it is raining.

Our plan for the afternoon is to sort the dumming ground that is also called the garage. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now