Talk

Advanced search

Calcium deposits on taps - Viakal won't shift it - help!!

(7 Posts)
lilQuidditchKel Fri 15-Aug-08 17:56:53

Hi

We must have the hardest water anywhere...our bathroom taps have developed such a crust of calcium and lime, it's amazing.

I've tried vinegar, Limelite, and Viakal. Tried soaking a cloth and letting it sit on the tap for hours, but this seems to do nothing.

What else can we try??

TIA!

maidamess Fri 15-Aug-08 17:58:51

Try attaching a plastic bag (like a sandwich bag)around the tap so the end is covered, then fill with Viakal. it needs to be immersed.

lilQuidditchKel Fri 15-Aug-08 18:00:51

Ta Maidamess...would it work to pour the Viakal I have from the spray bottle into the bag, or do you think the Viakal sold in squeeze bottle is more powerful & likely to help?

onthepier Fri 15-Aug-08 19:53:24

I find toilet cleaner to be most effective. Just use it as you would limelite + leave it on for 5 mins before rinsing.

OriginalUglyBetty Mon 18-Aug-08 19:06:26

Soak some kitchen towel in white vinegar and place around the tap covering the deposits (dont do this on gold taps) just stainless ones, can be a bit smelly but does the job.
As you need to leave this on for around half an hour you can cover with a sandwich bag which lessens the smell a little

SoupDragon Mon 18-Aug-08 19:09:23

I've had good results from Cillit Bang Lime and Grime.

nannyL Mon 18-Aug-08 22:56:54

i agree with vinager soaked on kitchen towel

i live in a very hard water area too and if let for an hour+ or so it really is magic smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now