Talk

Advanced search

Do you pay someone else to do your ironing...?

(14 Posts)
misspollysdolly Tue 12-Aug-08 15:11:41

...if so, How much do you pay? Is it per hour or per basket or per item?!

firstmum45 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:38:11

Hi Misspollysdolly I take my husbands shirts to a professional ironing place. If you drop off they charge £3.50 a kilo usually spend between £8 and £12 every two weeks tis well worth it.

They will collect from home but charge more per kilo and you have to spend a minimum of £12.50.

Rest of stuff I don,t mind doing mainly dd stuff and mine. However really slow and crap at doing formal shirts tis worth it for me when I collect they are all nicely wrapped and hanging neatly.grin

My place does a standard 48 hour turn around for ironing but if they have been quiet I sometimes collect my ironing next day.

PortAndLemon Tue 12-Aug-08 17:40:58

Tend to get DH's shirts done at £1 per shirt.

Romy7 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:45:39

when i can afford it.
round here it ranges from £8 - 12 per hour and they get through twice as much in an hour as i would grin

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 12-Aug-08 19:07:59

Only ever paid once, the week after my CS and it cost me around £28 for the weeks ironing.

Far too costly to use it regularly and I dont mind ironing that much.

fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:10:14

Our cleaner does it. She does 3hrs/wk of which she spends about 1hr ironing which is enough to get through DP's work shirts and whatever I leave her - varies quite a lot. We pay her £9/hr.

fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:10:54

Is the best thing about having a cleaner and the reason I would be enormously reluctant to give her up.

Goober Tue 12-Aug-08 19:16:07

I don't, but have done it for somebody myself. I had to stop as she gave me a hard time and was a bad payer, but I would take on some more if you're interested. grin
Charged £7.50 PH, 10, or more shirts can be done in an hour.

lisasimpson Tue 12-Aug-08 19:28:33

ours was £3 per kilo, and a very good standard as she was in the laundry business.

Wheelybug Tue 12-Aug-08 19:30:25

I pay £1 a shirt and £5 for a set of bedding (duvet, sheet, 2pillow cases).

youcannotbeserious Tue 12-Aug-08 19:31:37

yes, £3 per kilo, less for baby stuff.

brilliant. But DH's stuff doesn't go.

amess Tue 12-Aug-08 19:33:33

My load costs about £20 for week's worth of ironing eg dh shirts, children's shirts for school and about 4 tops of mine.

Quattrocento Tue 12-Aug-08 19:36:47

Yes but we pay our cleaner to do it. Her ironing is not as good as mine and crispness is not a key feature but that's okay.

We pay her £8 an hour now (for 8 hours a week) and the ironing takes her about an hour.

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 12-Aug-08 19:43:31

I pay by the hour. Per item puts me off sending small stuff. I think we pay about £9 per hour at the prof shop, but I also have a local lady who does it not quite as well for about half the price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now