Talk

Advanced search

someone keeps having bonfires near my house.

(5 Posts)
strawberriesandcream01 Mon 11-Aug-08 20:11:42

I am getting really fed up with this old man that keeps having bonfires. He lives just down the lane from me and it really stinks. Most of the time he has then after 7pm, like tonight I can small one now (8pm) but it's wafting through my house as got the windows open. Last week though I came home at 4.30pm and he had a huge one and all the smoke blew over me and kids as we got out car on our driveway. I thought there was some kind of law about this, can I complain to anyone?

Flum Mon 11-Aug-08 20:13:18

Oooh I love bonfire smell!

I don't think there is a law, is fine to burn your rubbish and stuff if you want to I think.

strawberriesandcream01 Mon 11-Aug-08 20:19:21

I do like the smell but not during the day when I have to walk through the smoke or have my washing on the line!

I thought the law was after 7pm in the evenings and anytime at weekends.

picklepie555 Wed 13-Aug-08 17:14:11

does this help? looks like there's no specific rules or laws, unless you are burning rubber and stuff like that. I thought it was illegal unless it was after 7.00pm now but apparently, according to this, its not.

blowsy Wed 13-Aug-08 17:36:30

I loathe and detest bonfires. I don't think anyone should have them unless they live in acres of their own land.

A builder next door but one to us was having them every day because he was too tight to dispose of his builing waste properly.

I reached my tolerance limit when on my ds' birthday he and all his mates sat in the garden and got covered in massive clumps of ash and they all stank!

I called the council and they came round within about 10 minutes!! They told him 'no more' as it was anti-social. I was pleased because when they arrived his fire had reached funeral pyre proportions.

He hasn't had one since. He hates me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now