Talk

Advanced search

Help! why does DS's clothes not come clean?

(8 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:33:01

I use vanish on them for whites and colours.

I used the liquid powder on a 40 wash, with surf, the faster wash - time saver (thinking electric)

it's approx 5 years old.

Have jsut had the bearings and drum I think possibly??) replaced.

his clothes come clean at mums in her machine but not mine - WHY???

I don't over load it. any thoughts?

Overmydeadbody Sun 10-Aug-08 21:36:24

do your clothes come out clean?

Is it just ds's clothes?

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:38:29

mine usually do yes - sometimes not, but to be fair mine don't get as dirty! lol. i'm not exactly a mother who cares too much - more a view of oh well it will wash, than sit there and don't go in the garden type!.

lucysmam Sun 10-Aug-08 21:41:29

if just your ds's clothes and not yours, maybe they are clean just marked where he's spilt something or played or trouser hems dragged on floor? I never think my lo's clothes look as clean as ours but its not because they aren't clean iyswim, just she's marked them with something.

btw, she's not a total scruff, just not overly careful about spilling or running in puddles or lying down on wet grass n stuff grin

Sidge Sun 10-Aug-08 21:42:24

If his clothes are dirtier than yours, then a quick wash probably won't get them clean.

I find the quick wash programme on my machine is only good for hardly-worn clothes, not the children's!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:46:10

that's a good point sidge! lol.

they are clean yes - just have stains on them - being how I like him to appear clean at the start of the day! lol)

will them on a 40 wash on the full cycle then, (really don't want to put it on a 60 wash unless I really have to)

- I thought these soap powders worked at 30oC!!

SpandexIsMyEnemy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:49:08

should say actually it's not the 'quick wash' option which takes about 20 mins - it's the 40 was (d) but with the time saver option on it. (will ahve to try it without?)

lucysmam Sun 10-Aug-08 21:49:16

Spandex, I never use 30 for lo's stuff, never comes out very well or on quick wash. Wash on a 40 n they should be ok. and, i find co-op green household soap is good for stains like spilled spaghetti or juice or whatever else, works better than vanish which is ridiculously expensive imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now