Talk

Advanced search

cleaning skirting boards...

(7 Posts)
giraffescantdancethetango Sat 09-Aug-08 12:35:37

yesterday I went round and cleaned the hall ones and front room ones. and today im doing bathroom and kitchen.

I think I am nesting for someone...whoever it is please take your nesting hormones back!!

I am ahamed to say the water was black when I changed it! I only moved in a month ago - dread to think when they were last done shock YUCK it makes me sick thinking that its not my drt is previous tennants dirt vom envy

fortyplus Sat 09-Aug-08 12:37:49

Console yourself with the thought that the black is prob just black rubber where their hoover bumped into it when they were cleaning so diligently! grin

There, that made you feel better, didn't it? [smiel]

giraffescantdancethetango Sat 09-Aug-08 12:48:08

If the hoover causes black pieces of fluff like substance then yes its made me feel better grin

Ive flushed it all down the toilet now.

How often should I clean them to keep them up to what they are like now? I keep staring at them they look so nice blush once a month would you say?

freakypenguin Sat 09-Aug-08 12:50:25

<<runs away, alarmed at the flagrantly excessive standards of cleanliness>>

I have to say i don't think i've EVER cleaned a skirting board. and am not about to start now.

<<bows to superior beings and scuttles back into hovel>>

lucysmam Sat 09-Aug-08 13:05:18

giraffes, i do mine once every few months, no-one else can tell (i hope) that i don't wander round with a bowl of hot soapy water constantly cleaning them. Just do it when they start to look grubby again!

Furball Sat 09-Aug-08 13:07:50

I do them whilst on the phone with my foot! (obviously whilst wearing socks!!) then pop the socks in the wash

fortyplus Sat 09-Aug-08 13:56:46

I do mine when I can see dust on top grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now