Talk

Advanced search

Tips on Motivation!!

(7 Posts)
cafebistro Fri 08-Aug-08 15:07:24

How does everyone get motivated to clean and tidy etc.?
Im sat here on laptop thinking about what needs doing.....if i can just heave myself out of this chair...

Word Fri 08-Aug-08 22:08:30

Invite sby round. Easy.

cafebistro Sat 09-Aug-08 10:10:51

yes i agree that will work everytime

Countingthegreyhairs Sat 09-Aug-08 17:24:31

I shouldn't be offering advice as procrastination is my middle name.

However, good to ring-fence set times for cleaning. Do it then and only then. Little bit, every day. Fool yourself in to thinking that you are not on never-ending treadmill ...

Flylady principles good if you can get past all the cutesy twoddle ....

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 17:26:11

My motivation is having the clean and tidy house as it makes me feel calm and happy.

cafebistro Sat 09-Aug-08 22:15:31

well what are the flylady principles??

Countingthegreyhairs Sat 09-Aug-08 22:35:45

going to bed so speedy reply but basically: first decluttering, then everything having a place, cleaning little and often and for short bursts, set routines for morning and evening, a different zone per day etc etc

they bombard you with loads of e-mails if you join directly so perhaps best to follow flying threads on here

basically - you don't get stressed because you know each zone will get done in time -

you start your day knowing what you have to do in a limited ring-fenced time (as little as 15 mins in some instances) all planned out day before so you have none of that demotivating "I'm so overwhelmed I don't know where to start" feeling

also, one of rules is you always have a shiny kitchen sink, and you get dressed from head to toe with make-up, including shoes, first thing in morning ... thus (so the theory goes) eliminating enticing slob activities/tendencies ....

check out the site www.flylady.net

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now