Talk

Advanced search

tell me about fluffy rugs...

(8 Posts)
love2sleep Thu 07-Aug-08 21:14:36

My living room has laminate that I hate so I'm thinking of covering it up with an enormous chocolate coloured rug. Is this a silly idea? Will it be high maintenance? Is there a particular type that is easier to look after? Where is good to buy these?

thank you smile

bubbles4 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:46:34

I,ve got a room sized chocolate rug and whilst it looks good its a pain to keep clean.I hoover it every day but often have to get dh to help me lift it and give it a good shake,all sorts of crap comes out of it,coins, crumbs, buttons etc, however I have also had the short pile rugs and found the velvet type finish showed every crumb and I ended up hoovering three or four times a day.

madcol Fri 08-Aug-08 20:48:53

May shed fluff everywhere like mine. Put down rug-grippy stuff or you'll be sliding all over the place .

MmeLindt Fri 08-Aug-08 20:51:35

Mine is like Bubble's. We are moving soon and not taking it with me.

There is a chance that a small person will fall out of it when we take it out of the house, it seems to collect things.

Twas good when the DCs fell off the couch headfirst though.

MmeLindt Fri 08-Aug-08 20:52:27

Btw, DH loves calling it the shaggy rug cause that is what my mum called it when we first got it

bubbles4 Fri 08-Aug-08 20:56:34

Yes, forgot about the shedding fluff,when it was new the fluff was coming out by the bucketload,it looked like rabbit droppings everywhere and it seemed to get all over the house.

lilyloo Fri 08-Aug-08 20:58:26

My sis just got a great one from ikea for a tenner it was chocolate brown and quite big!

I was gutted as paid over £100 for mine form next! It covers the laminate though and means you can sit on the floor!

ShyBaby Fri 08-Aug-08 21:07:43

For the price of a decent rug that size you could get a carpet yes?

I hate carpet. I have a woolly rug, smaller than the one you want. About 5ft by 3ft. Its machine washable. Everything in my house is machine washable grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now