Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning a laminate floor - can I use my Dyson...

(11 Posts)
MuffinMclay Thu 07-Aug-08 13:39:17

..on the hard floor setting, or will it scratch it? Its a DCO7, if that makes any difference.

New floor, and I'm terrified of damaging it!

stretchmarkqueen Thu 07-Aug-08 13:40:33

I do, but I am really careful! It's alot easier than sweeping!!

MingMingtheWonderPet Thu 07-Aug-08 13:40:47

I always hoover my lamintate flooring with a Dyson. They haven;t been any problems.
Maybe try and small are first just to make sure?

Even better are those swiffer type cloths that pick up the dust, work really well on hard floors.

stretchmarkqueen Thu 07-Aug-08 13:41:23

Lol at me being on a good housekeeping thread!!!! gringrin <<anything but!!>>

Legoleia Thu 07-Aug-08 13:42:13

I use my dyson, with the brush on, says it's for hard floors.

It doesn't pick up everything though! I have to go around afterwards with my laminate floor mop (dry) so if you're really worried, you could just get one of those!

Weegle Thu 07-Aug-08 13:42:56

I do - on hard floor setting - no problems yet. BUT always remember to change the setting as someone hoovered my floor without changing it and one area has got tiny scratches.

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 13:45:07

You can get an attachment for hard floor cleaning too off the website. I find that is a bit easier to use than trying to manoeuvre the dyson around without scratching the floor; although mine is supposed to be for hard floors too!

I usually go over it with the swiffery type thing too

MuffinMclay Thu 07-Aug-08 13:48:28

Thank you. I will run the risk.grin

The fitter said to use a dry mop, but that won't get up all the dog hair and bobbly bits that fall off the dog's ears.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 07-Aug-08 13:49:03

Message withdrawn

Legoleia Thu 07-Aug-08 13:55:42

Seriously the swiffer/mop thing picks up everything (or pushes it into a nice pile) and you can take the head off and washing machine it.

<works for vileda smiley>

(not really, I just like them)

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 14:02:06

I love my vileda <sad> AND they replaced my previous one for free when the head fell off grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now