Talk

Advanced search

Big issue - toilet brush or rubber gloves and cloth?

(16 Posts)
LivingLaVidaLurker2 Thu 07-Aug-08 11:42:25

Kim and Aggie say bin the toilet brushes, they're disgusting and full of germs. I agree - they are nasty things.

However, happy though I am to clean the inside of the toilet when my family has made a mark, I don't fancy clearing up after guests. Oh, and wouldn't guests like the option to clear up after themselves, if necessary?

I will never get the hang of being a housewife.

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 11:44:31

I don't use the toilet brush (unless there is a blockage) I think they are disgusting. I prefer to wipe away any marks using a cloth and toilet cleaner.

Upwind Thu 07-Aug-08 11:52:28

Do you bin the cloth after each clean? If not, where do you keep it? You can hardly put it in a wash!

Toilet brushes are gross but they are only used for one thing.

Anna8888 Thu 07-Aug-08 11:54:50

Buy an Ikea loo brush and loads of the replacement brushes (they are dead cheap). Change the brush head really often and leave it for visitors only (it is not OK not to provide a loo brush for visitors).

Clean marks off the loo with some loo roll.

southeastastra Thu 07-Aug-08 11:59:40

blimey we're all germ phobic, what can you realistically catch from a loo brush!

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Thu 07-Aug-08 11:59:55

Ah, a mixture of both methods. And, of course I should use toilet roll!

Now all I need to do is wait for ds to grow out of his fascination with the brush.

PrimulaVeris Thu 07-Aug-08 12:02:54

If I used cloths for each skidmark our household produced I'd have a cloth mountain the size of Mount Everest

Brush, ladies!!!

newpup Thu 07-Aug-08 12:46:55

I use disposable cloths or rags to clean the loo. I leave a brush by the side for anyone who wants to clean up after themselves and replace it regularly, Sainsburys plain white ones are £1.99 each.

staryeyed Thu 07-Aug-08 12:53:12

I use those ones with disposable flushable heads.

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 07-Aug-08 13:19:39

Message withdrawn

Washersaurus Thu 07-Aug-08 13:21:57

I do usually use toilet paper but didn't know if this was an accepted method grin. If the bathroom cleaning cloth looks like it is coming to the end of its lifespan I use that and then stick it in the bin.

We alway have a loo brush next to the loo anyway, I just personally prefer not to use it.

I will never forget the morning DS1 started brushing his hair with it whilst I was having a shower <bleurgh>

frankiesbestfriend Thu 07-Aug-08 13:22:42

I use Asda disposable floor cloths and bleach spray.

More hygenic to use a cloth or wipe imo, but only if you throw it away after each use.

willali Thu 07-Aug-08 13:23:26

Toilet Duck flushable "brush" is great

Walnutshell Thu 07-Aug-08 13:31:12

is all gross but alleviated slightly by regularly bleaching the brush

Furball Thu 07-Aug-08 13:46:16

I can't see how those 'flushable' brushes are actually flushable, surely they fester in your pipes ready and waiting for a blockage.

some kiddies moist bum wipes for when they start using the loo claim they are flushable. Ask a plumber - they are most deffo not

littleducks Thu 07-Aug-08 14:48:59

the problem i have with the toilet duck flushable pads is that it starts to disintegrate before i have finished so they are def flushable imo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now