Talk

Advanced search

OH NO! Please help! How do I get mould/mildew out of clothes????

(6 Posts)
pinkpeanut Thu 07-Aug-08 11:33:37

I'm devastated.

Dh is a tidy freak. Dd's nursery has a habit of sending her wet mucky clothes home in a nappy sack. Dh has obviously tidied the nappy sack into the laundry bin without emptying it first and have just gone to do laundry. There in the bag was my fave outfit for dd ll covered in mould!!!! Just imagine my face..... shock then angry.

Ok so I know that maybe I should do laundry more than once a week, but I'm so upset.

Please tell me how I can get the mould outof my dd's top and skirt. They are coloured so I cant use milton.

Any help would be sooooo appreciated

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 07-Aug-08 13:20:50

Message withdrawn

GrapefruitMoon Thu 07-Aug-08 13:24:54

I had this recently with a white school polo shirt.

It came out in the end after being soaked for practically the whole weekend in a solution of that Vanish oxi-action powder.

You could also try Ace - supposed to be safe for colours.

Tbh it's worth trying anything as you will have to throw them out anyway if you can't remove the stains...

soremummy Thu 07-Aug-08 13:32:52

Rub with lemon juice and leave in sun for 12 hrs

soremummy Thu 07-Aug-08 13:35:08

Or try this here

picklepie555 Thu 07-Aug-08 17:07:09

What colour is outfit, if its white/pale colour then I've had good results by soaking overnight in a mild bleach solution. By wild I mean one capful thick bleach to 1 pint water. If its a bright/dark colour then you may need to weaken the solution, and try at your peril, soak during the day and keep swirling the solution regularly or you may end up with slight patches (bit like a tie-dye effect), but then again whats to lose if its ruined anyway? Good luck Let us know how you get on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now