Talk

Advanced search

how to get handprint mark off painted wall?

(4 Posts)
Gemzooks Wed 06-Aug-08 13:24:30

We had kitchen of new flat painted 3 weeks ago, it's yellow. New cleaning lady came yesterday. She cleaned along the top of the cupboards, which were dirty because the flat had been empty a while, and she obviously rested her hand against the wall, and now there's a handprint there, dark grey/black finger marks!

Does anyone know what to do? It's standard wall paint. We have some left, but DH thinks it will look worse if we try to paint over it. I think we should try to paint over it. It is high up on the wall above the cupboards and would be seen from a distance..

any tips much appreciated!

MaureenMLove Wed 06-Aug-08 13:36:19

Did you use a vynil silk paint or something specifically for kitchens? If so, a bit of kitchen cleaner should do the trick. If not, I'd paint it again tbhh. If its yellow emulsion, I doubt you'd notice the difference. HTH smile

Gemzooks Wed 06-Aug-08 13:57:43

It's not specific kitchen paint, just ordinary matt wall paint. The surface isn't smooth, it's kind of crunchy...

charliecat Wed 06-Aug-08 13:58:37

I paint over bits of my grubby walls often. Get the paint out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now