Talk

Advanced search

bin question. who should pay for this.......

(5 Posts)
frootloop Tue 05-Aug-08 13:44:42

we need a new wheelie bin.

ours is damaged, probably by the collection lorry, so the lid wont fit properly which means it is crawling with maggots, inside and out,<vom>

i phoned the council and asked for a new one and they said we had to buy it from their contractor for £47shock

i find this a bit off, tbh.

so should i pester the council a bit more, get my landlord to pay for it, or pay for it myself?

KellyKateneedsaholiday Tue 05-Aug-08 13:58:04

pester the council, we have had a bin eaten by the bin lorry, and another couple have had the lids squashed by it. each time the council brought a free replacement within a ew days of me phoning up. It might be different depending where you live though. I my area you pay if you want additional bins, free if they are stolen/ damaged by bin lorry

missblythe Tue 05-Aug-08 14:02:25

That's ridiculous! Do they imagine that you damaged it yourselves?!

Ring them again, you'll probably get someone else who may be a little more understanding.

CarGirl Tue 05-Aug-08 14:04:44

ours was stolen on bin collection day and they replaced it free of charge, we moved into a property that didn't have one and we offered a 2nd hand one for £25.

frootloop Tue 05-Aug-08 14:47:18

i shall get pestering then, ive just had to tip a bucket of boiling water, bleach, dettol and some star drops for good measure over the bin and soaked myself.

BLEEUUUURRRHG.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now