Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me furnish a new house!

(3 Posts)
eenybeeny Tue 05-Aug-08 11:08:58

I am hoping I will get a new house. Will find out soon! Cross your fingers for me.

I want some ideas on how to furnish it - the house I am in at the moment is around 550 years old and we have a lot of antiques, oldy worldy type things. This new house is a 1960's and a lot of our stuff would look naff in it. I dont have lots of money but want to buy a couple of new things to signify a new start.

I was thinking of getting this tv cabinet and maybe a couple of other things to modernise a bit. Any ideas? Large area rugs or telephone tables or pictures or whatever?

Fancy doing some virtual shopping for me?

I will only buy a little but but I want to see what my options are!

Twinkie1 Tue 05-Aug-08 11:16:18

I wouldn't buy anything before I moved in - you have to live with a house and get the feel of it first and then decide how you want to furnish it - and if you haven't got the money is probably best to save and see what you really need and what you just think you need.

eenybeeny Tue 05-Aug-08 11:20:49

but this is mainly window shopping for me! I like to dream about all the stuff I can (not) buy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now