Talk

Advanced search

Help, my washing machine smells and other related probs!

(10 Posts)
PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 12:10:31

damp and musty, have gone to the extreme of putting bleach in on empty wash but it doesnt reallt clear it away..dont know if its result of thins?, but my towels never smell really clean?, theyre not very old, first few washes were fine, but once you have wet them once they dont smell fresh as they sued to?, plus i have horrible off white stains on them from suncream(theyre white) how do i get that out????????????????????
treid NOT using softner and they smell worse!
HELPsmile

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 12:17:31

Might not work but have you pulled the drawer out and cleaned it, and the space under the drawer? And the rubber seal crease in the door? Mine were manky. blush I did all those and then put washer on a boil wash with no fabrics, powder or softener and it seemed to do the trick.

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 13:08:19

i havent done the tray Kay, but reg do the inside rim, but it does get gooey again, how on earth do you get THIS properly clean as mine has a ridge every inch or so and i cant get all the dark gunk out?

Slouchy Mon 04-Aug-08 13:13:53

OK. 1st thing - are you using liquid detergent? If so, stop and swap back to powder.

Then - clean drawer - pull it right out - and inside with a toothbrush.

Then - run machine, empty but put a good slug of white vinegar in the rinse/conditioner drawer.Highest temp you can. do it again, empty to swill out vinegar. then you should be fine.

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 13:16:13

hi, no i use powder (tablets, mainly in drum not drawer) but do use softner in drawer?

think i need to get drawer out<<urgh>.and see what nastys there are...

also?..it is a washer dryer..tried to sue dryer function few weeks ago, didnt work, didnt get hot>, could it be blockage of somekind?

MrsPuddleduck Mon 04-Aug-08 13:34:37

Aparently the best thing for your washer is to do a boil wash once a week using ariel.

Better than calgon etc.

Also, always use powder.

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 13:42:25

strange as it is a machine to clean things, so shouldnt smell really? must be the rubber seal and drawer, but can never get the rubber seal properly clean??

blithedance Mon 04-Aug-08 14:00:14

Get onto washerhelp, you will find out more than you ever needed to know about smelly washing machines. Enlightening reading!

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 14:08:49

ooh very helpful..im doing EVERYTHING wrong!..40%, non bio and i put bleach in on its own on hot wash..oops

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 14:50:37

ok<,bleurgh>..managed to fiddly drawer out, it had bright purple!???goo on in(not in either of trays, on outside???..inside were drawer goes had horrible black goo above, so got bleach and toothbrush out for that and asked dp to get some white viniger on way home..still dont know how to get rubber rim spotless though? will the vinger do this???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now