Talk

Advanced search

A MOUSE!!! what do I do?

(43 Posts)
solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:05:44

Well, that's it really...A bloody big mouse has just walked into the room...I've had the doors open in this warmer weather and no longer have my doggy what do I do please?

CaptFabioHiltsCatInTheCooler Mon 04-Aug-08 02:07:36

Are you sure it's a mouse....?

HumphreyPillow Mon 04-Aug-08 02:08:46

Offer it a cup of tea.
I am sick of all the mouse bashing on MN.
Give mice a chance.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:08:55

No! it looked quite big...my garden is very overgrown and anything could be living out there!(but now it's in here.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:09:26

No chances to be given! no!!!

CaptFabioHiltsCatInTheCooler Mon 04-Aug-08 02:09:40

Did it have a hairy tail?

HumphreyPillow Mon 04-Aug-08 02:10:39

That's it!
I'm off the flouncer's corner.
This place is riddled with mouseism.
As is my loft, incidentally.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:11:20

I don't know! I was so shocked, I didn't get a good look at it really! I assumed it was a spider when I first saw the sark shadow of it. God! I've got my feet up now and I wanted to go to bed.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:12:25

How can I get rid of it? anyone????

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:13:41

Dark shadow of it, not sark.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 02:17:00

I have to go to bed...please help me! I'll be back tomorrow to get any help offered.

Shooflypie Mon 04-Aug-08 05:50:03

Well we've had mouse issues in the past and found that an old fashioned mousetrap is the thing that worked. Don't bother with those box ones where you can let the mouse go afterwards, it won't go near.
It got cheese and chocolate off the trap easily but met its end with a pinenut.
Set the trap at night when you have all gone to bed. I did feel a bit mean but I suppose it's quick. And a lot better than having it rooting round your kitchen cupboards.

Flightputsonahat Mon 04-Aug-08 07:00:54

HC. I gave mice a chance at my old flat.

They never gave me one. wink

A year after the first 'Oh! how sweet, little droppings in the cupboard! Leave them to it poor little mites' they were eating through my phone cable and snaffling my chocloate.

The had to go. Poison is a bad idea. They died in my understair cupboard, under furniture, even inside a jumper (which I then wore wondering why it smelt funny, washed it in the machine a few times, then the very dead mouse fell out when I was wearing it shock

It still stank so had to throw it

Everywhere I looked or went after that I was nervy, I think I had PTSD from finding them by surprise everywhere.

Traps were great - the swift yellow and black ones were best. I saw off a family of five that way in 4 days...chocolate spread so they can't carry it away, then bang.

Put by a wall somewhere hidden.

Oh yes and with the poison the last one wandered out into the room to take its final meal in my company, I sat with it while it ate the spiked seeds, it ws rather wonky by then...it crawled back under the piano to perish. sad

They never completely went from that flat so I had to...

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 09:32:50

Thank you for that. Where do I get these yellow and black traps from?

The good news is that I don't think it was here before last niight. I just saw it moving up inside my lounge door curtain and got the screw driver case and bashed it(the curtain)it dashed out and I screamed like a girl grin and now I don't know where it's gone to though it's still in the lounge.

Flightputsonahat Mon 04-Aug-08 10:29:21

It probably did wander in...but if you do need traps they can be got at Scats country stores (abbout £3.98) or Wilkinsons (1.99)

Exactly the same product, I was kicking myself grin

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 13:11:01

Thank you! Wilko's it is then.

SazzlesA Mon 04-Aug-08 13:16:59

Message withdrawn

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 16:25:29

I've bought The Big Cheese Revolver traps. Hope they work. I couldn't find any of the traditional wood and metal traps, only rat traps which were huge ugh!
No DH to sort it anyway, so fingers crossed!

SazzlesA Mon 04-Aug-08 17:47:48

Message withdrawn

NoNickname Mon 04-Aug-08 17:51:34

If you're squeamish, I can really recommend an electronic mouse killer. Then you don't have to look at them, can just chuck them into the bin bag (or the alleyway, as we do) while looking the other way.

Agree that chocolate or peanut butter work brilliantly, and put the trap against a wall, as they run along walls.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 19:55:54

If you go into your link NoNickname and scroll down to the second to last product, that's what I got today...no luck yet though. I've baited it with peanut butter on a small crust of bread. Hope it likes my choice grin. I also hope it's still in my lounge and not elsewhere in the house.

solo Mon 04-Aug-08 22:59:00

Well, it's not been caught yet and it appears to have left the lounge which is bad because I have no idea where it isshockYuk, Yuk, Yuk!!

Pannacotta Mon 04-Aug-08 23:00:36

oh just leave it, am with Humphrey on this onem why all the mouse bashing on MN?

SazzlesA Mon 04-Aug-08 23:03:34

Message withdrawn

SazzlesA Mon 04-Aug-08 23:06:16

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now