Talk

Advanced search

I'm off to Aldi tomorrow - what do you recommend that I buy?

(16 Posts)
chonky Sun 03-Aug-08 21:14:28

Apart from cod's beauty product purchases , what else should I get? I'm normally a Lidl girl...

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 03-Aug-08 21:17:03

I do Lidl and Netto (and the odd bit at sainsburys) and tbh after those two shops I find Aldi overrated.

Lidl much better selection of stuff and cheaper. Aldi seems to be too much deli and not enough to actually make meals out of!

Sorry!

But the Aldi face cream and a nivea type lotion are fab grin

nannyL Sun 03-Aug-08 21:19:41

chocolate (esp dark cooking choc)
olive oil
fruit juices (NOT from concentrate smile)
parmesan style cheese
plums
grapes
other fruit and veg
choc brioche
ready to cook bageuttes
bread sticks

Kewcumber Sun 03-Aug-08 21:21:05

parmesan is fab and cheap - worth stocking up and bunging some in the freezer. Various cooked meatballs (frickardelle I think) in the deli cabinet, currently have an offer on pork and apple sausages for 99p wchich are delicious and quite high meat content IIRC. Choclate icreams are good as are baby cornettos if you have very young childrne. Adult pizza in the freezer - specially selected range is good.

Kewcumber Sun 03-Aug-08 21:22:32

oh yes second olive oil and dark cooking choclate (though their milk with fruit and nut is also good), jar pasta sauces are nice and far less crap in them than other brands.

Ledodgy Sun 03-Aug-08 21:22:42

Lacura Q10 skin firming body lotion
Lacura Facial wipes
Lacura Q10 day cream/night cream

Ledodgy Sun 03-Aug-08 21:24:22

Sorry the facial wipes are the 3 in 1facial cleansing wipes by Siana skin kind, Also Lacura mosturising eye gel.

Kewcumber Sun 03-Aug-08 21:26:39

I don;t like the moisturisr - too perfumed for me - are the wipes very perfumed Ledodgy?

cafebistro Sun 03-Aug-08 21:27:13

The large bars of chocolate are lovely..they have dark, milk, white, milk with white in it and lots more to choose from. Yum!
Also little cartons of orange and apple juices.
Bags of croissants.
Fruit and Veg.
Cartons of smoothies.
Sliced cheeses.

Ledodgy Sun 03-Aug-08 21:30:52

I don't actually use the facial moisturiser but have heard it's good but I use the other stuff I mentioned. I get the sensitive wipes and they are fine and my skin is sensitive.

itsMYmummy Sun 03-Aug-08 21:34:22

Not just the pork and apple sausages that are for 99p, but also 8 chipolatas, sundried tomato and herb sausages, british cumberland sausages. Also 4 Aberdeen angus or aberdeen and blue stilton cheese burgers for 99p (by the way these are delicious). Apple, cherry and custard strudel 99p! Mini speciality rolls are lovely, all cleaning and laundry detergent products are very good. Yummy Frosty's ice cream with real vanilla pods in.
Cheese, hummous etc, v. nice. Also pizza and most frozen food. I have never found Aldi to be poor quality, my one gripe however is they can be v.poorly stocked depending on time or day visited. Always found Lidls fruit and veg better quality and choice.

bluefox Sun 03-Aug-08 21:35:48

Most of the make - up, moisturiser etc is excellent. Only mistake has been the lacura waterproof mascara (panda eyes).

ilovemydog Sun 03-Aug-08 21:36:48

olive oil
prosecco
mozzerella
beer
dark chocolate

don't rate most of the produce, save the potatoes...

MrsRecycle Sun 03-Aug-08 22:27:30

<Hijack alert> Kewcumber can you check your mail, its about the holiday! cheers

chonky Sun 03-Aug-08 22:50:04

Thanks everyone. Chocolate brioche - yum.

I never knew that you could freeze parmesan (durrr), will stock up tomorrow.

kikid Sun 03-Aug-08 22:58:45

Nappies

washing tablets

toilet roll

cereal

fruit juice

mascara

I love aldi, the make up is such good value..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now