Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

paper bugs... can anyone give me advice without making me feel ill?

(5 Posts)
knittingmama Sat 02-Aug-08 22:02:42

I guess we've been lucky, haven't had many problems with bugs. However I was cleaning under the living room sofas the other day and opened a book that was under there- and a silvery bug came out. Think they're called silverfish. I checked the book, didn't seem to have done any damage. Now I wonder if I should be worried about loads of the little things hiding about the house, or if its possible to only have one?! (Yeah, right...) Do they live in carpets or only in books? Should I move the sofa and do some serious deep cleaning, or check all the books in the house? I hate bugs, yuck, yuck!

sushistar Sat 02-Aug-08 22:03:41

Silverfish like damp places I think? Usually you find them in bathrooms. They're harmless I think, don't eat your carpets or anything!

tortoise Sat 02-Aug-08 22:05:46

Oh i have some of them in my bathroom. They soon wiggle away when i put the light on. I don't think they do any harm.

KnitterInTheNW Sat 02-Aug-08 22:09:58

We have these. I didn't know what they were called for ages, and called them apostrophe bugs!

knittingmama Mon 04-Aug-08 10:30:13

Thanks, feeling better now. Going to pull out the sofas today and hoover really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now